Horses to Follow

Yes Benny, its looking that way.

Notice he is in again at Wolverhampton on Monday. It is 6 furlongs but they will go quicker on that track

Dream Ally

Had a blank day but this is a horse that should have won his race. Got 9-2 and he started 5-2 favourite.

He wore a blind in the stalls when last loaded and though Luke Morris took them off in time the horse missed the kick which when you are dropping from 6 furlongs down to 5 it's not ideal.

So right away he was not in a good position and Morris kept him on the inside hoping the gap would appear in the home straight, it didn't so plan B had to be thought of and you can see the jockey looking to his outside to switch the gelding for a middle challenge.
But he ran into a horse sandwich and had to sit and suffer while the race was being won up front, he then tried to challenge on the outside and got kept in again.
Ran on well for 3rd place without Morris throwing the kitchen sink at the horse, yet was only beaten under a length.

I have no doubt he would have won the race with a clear run, and is a winner without a penalty going forward. Can win a 5 furlong handicap but probably more effective over 6.

Runs tomorrow night [6.45 Wolverhampton]

Morris rides again, and its over the same CD.

8-1 with Bet 365 seems worthy of a small each way play

Not beaten far in 5th, but as Betfair market predicted was not off a yard!

The normal all action style of Luke Morris was very subdued, maybe thinking ahead to horses possible next target at Chelmsford on Thursday...over 6 furlongs

Yes Benny, its looking that way.

Notice he is in again at Wolverhampton on Monday. It is 6 furlongs but they will go quicker on that track

....and he is declared. Booking of Oisin Murphy catches the eye.

Is a general 8-1 at moment, so each way material. But as Benny points out be interesting to see how he goes in the market before the off

Groundhog day again!

No pace to the race, ran on through beaten horses without any pressure being applied

Not beaten far in 5th, but as Betfair market predicted was not off a yard!

The normal all action style of Luke Morris was very subdued, maybe thinking ahead to horses possible next target at Chelmsford on Thursday...over 6 furlongs

Dream Ally

Runs tomorrow [5.20pm] with Morris on again, and looks to have a favourites chance @ 11-4

Won:)Strong in the market all day, and got the job done.

Horse can now be deleted from our trackers

Le Tissier

Though had couple of nice winners today, this is the one that got away as should have won the race with comfort.

Put the horse up @ 7-2 this morning and it went off a well backed 9-4 favourite. Everything was looking cosy in first half of the race as the gelding travelled nicely in midfield.

However when the pace quickened half a mile out and without any reason and little effort from his rider the horse suddenly lost his position and was back in last place. Looked to me in greyhound terms that he got slightly "crowded".

His young jockey then switched him to the outside before quickly deciding to go back in. Wrong decision!

As eventual winner come down the outside while my bet met the inevitable congestion up the middle in the straight surrounded by horses.

Did run on well to get 2nd but race was lost and jockey knew it and only gave the horse a couple slaps of the whip. Hopefully the handicapper won't punish the horse for this unlucky run as I think he is not badly handicapped and should win a staying race pretty soon.

Had two runs now, and no real show

Tonight [7.15 Windsor] however he is on the turf where the horse is relatively still unexposed.

Had a small each way play last night at 12-1...and just noticed he is now 6-1!

Al Hajar

Watching the Godolphin newcomer Morlock winning nicely on his debut at Kempton tonight, reminded me of the above colt who has left those who know what is what at the Charlie Appleby shell shocked that he has not won both of his races this season.

Think he needs stepping up to a mile though, so could be interesting this autumn

Would be nice if all 4-11 favourites won like he did today:lol:

Think this colt now he has got the job done is still a horse to follow

A lot I think!

That was impressive, and landing a big punt.

Interesting to hear the trainer saying afterwards that he wont be risked on fast ground, but could get a mile next season.

Is a horse to be quite excited about for 2018:)

Gardefort

Trained by Venetia Williams

Thought he had an outstanding chance in the £100,000 handicap at Ascot tomorrow, but has been pulled out [not sure why]

Has a big race in him, so worth keeping an eye out for

Long House Hall

Watching his stablemate Oldgrangewood win a decent handicap at Newbury today prompted me to think of this classy horse.

He needs good ground, so probably wont be effective till the spring. But do think he will win a decent chase this season for Dan Skelton

Nicky Henderson really likes 0 0 Seven and thinks this will be his year. Obvious target is Aintree and after his run yesterday all systems are go

yes that was a great run yesterday, was a bit unlucky. As you say the big fences are his chance for a big prize

Long House Hall

Watching his stablemate Oldgrangewood win a decent handicap at Newbury today prompted me to think of this classy horse.

He needs good ground, so probably wont be effective till the spring. But do think he will win a decent chase this season for Dan Skelton

Makes his seasonal debut tomorrow in a very hot race [1.55 Cheltenham]

Hasn't got his ground, so only a small play each way @ 14-1 [Betfair Sports] 4 places

Back