Keeneland

Club Hipico Santiago
Hipodromo de Chile

Palermo
San Isidro

La Zarzuela
Lasarte

Tokyo

I've been working my way towards visiting all of the UK NH courses and the ones left on my list are Ludlow, Taunton and Fontwell. I'd like to revisit those I haven't been to since I was a kid, like Plumpton and Wincanton.

Away from the bigger courses, I have a certain fondness for Hexham and Cartmel, especially the latter and its carnival type atmosphere at its bank holiday meetings. I've experienced a camaraderie there like no other.

I seriously doubt I'll ever get to cover all the flat courses in the UK as I tend to do lots of other things throughout the summer and into autumn but standout days for me have been at Goodwood, Ripon, and also Sandown (for both codes).

I've been to Down Royal for Kauto, and also to Punchestown and Galway. Far fewer visits across the Irish Sea but never a disappointing day.

Ayr
Musselburgh
Kelso
Hexham
Newcastle
Carlisle
Cartmel
Sedgefield
Haydock
Aintree
Catterick
Thirsk
Redcar
Ripon
York
Wetherby
Doncaster
Pontefract
Market Rasen
Huntingdon
Newmarket
Towcester
Uttoxeter
Southwell
Cheltenham
Stratford
Warwick
Worcester
Newbury
Ascot
Windsor

Clonmel
The Curragh

Downhills
Friars Haugh
Cottenham

Newmarket
Sandown
Epsom
Ascot

Curragh
Leopardstown

Flemington
Randwick
Rosehill

Hawkes Bay
Ellerslie

Churchill Downs
Keeneland

Club Hipico Santiago
Hipodromo de Chile

Palermo
San Isidro

La Zarzuela
Lasarte

Tokyo

No gaff tracks on this list.

We'll have to get you a weeny bit further south than Windsor, Cruella - the breezy delights of small but perfectly formed Brighton, the 'own weather system' (Arctic) of Plumpton, the swirly figure 8 of Fontwell, and the whooshing straight of Goodwood lie in wait for your pleasure.

Pathetic enough for me

Ireland:
Leopardstown
Laytown
Punchestown
Kilbeggan
Galway
Dundalk
Navan
Curragh
Naas
Fairyhouse

UK
Cheltenham
Haydock
Ascot

Rest of World
Nad-Al-Sheeba
Happy Valley

Last edited:
he probably forgot about the small ones:rolleyes:

I´ve been to Longchamp too.

I am confident I remember every stud I´ve been to, although it would take a while for me to make a list. I really try and visit as many farms as possible on my travels and I´ve been lucky enough to be in some of the best ones in the world.

I hope I will be able to visit Meydan someday in the future and a few more English racetracks as well like Newbury, York, Doncaster, Chester....

We'll have to get you a weeny bit further south than Windsor, Cruella - the breezy delights of small but perfectly formed Brighton, the 'own weather system' (Arctic) of Plumpton, the swirly figure 8 of Fontwell, and the whooshing straight of Goodwood lie in wait for your pleasure.

Looking forward to all of them Kri! Just wish I'd managed to get to Hamilton and Perth before we moved from NE England to the Midlands. Makes it a bit more of a military operation from here.

Ireland

Every course bar:

Tramore
Sligo
Dundalk (all weather)

UK

York
Aintree
Haydock
Newbury

(pathetic really, I should really be getting to every one of the Yorkshire courses this year...).

USA

Churchill
Keeneland
Turfway Park
Gulfstream
Aqueduct
Belmont
Tampa Downs
Clemson (jumps)

UK:
Wolverhampton
Lingfield
Sandown
York
Chester
Goodwood
Cheltenham

Ireland:
Curragh
L'town
Fairyhouse
Navan
Down Royal
Galway
Sligo
Roscommon
Limerick
Tramore
Naas
Punchestown
Clonmel
Gowran Park

France:
Longchamp

I have just added Doncaster and Pontefract to my list :)

I've only been to Musselburgh and Ayr. Going to Perth in July. Its a pretty pathetic list!

No, not at all, Broch - it's a very elite one! Untainted by Gaels or Sassenachs. Just stick in Hamilton, and you're done.

Interesting exercise making this list. I can barely remember one or two of them, although I know I’ve been there, while the memory of others couldn’t be driven out of me.
UK
Aintree
Ascot
Ayr
Bath
Brighton
Cheltenham
Chepstow
Chester
Doncaster
Epsom Downs
Exeter
Goodwood
Haydock Park
Huntingdon
Kempton Park
Leicester
Lingfield Park
Musselburgh
Newbury
Newcastle
Newmarket
Nottingham
Plumpton
Pontefract
Redcar
Ripon
Salisbury
Sandown Park
Southwell
Warwick
Wetherby
Wincanton
Windsor
Wolverhampton
York

I’ve also visited several racetracks in: Ireland, France, Italy, Turkey and Mauritius.

There are many I haven't been to. I think Deauville would be close to the top of my list along with Kentucky and Flemington.

Last edited:
I’ve only ever made it to New York a couple of times (on business) and to Florida to Seaworld, Disney, etc.

So I’ve never made it to the a BC series meeting. I like watching it on the box, but can’t help being reminded of dog racing... which I’m not a big fan of.

Did you go on Space Mountain at Disney? I went - hell's teeth, that's some ride! Directly afterwards, took Mother on the teacups floating serenely past international exhibits - quite a contrast.

Did you go on Space Mountain at Disney? I went - hell's teeth, that's some ride! Directly afterwards, took Mother on the teacups floating serenely past international exhibits - quite a contrast.

Not brave enough I'm afraid and I hate queuing for anything... so not an ideal day for me.

Disney was also the source of seeing the world's biggest backsides squeezed into polyester shorts, showing off every crater of cellulite. They outdid even the biggest of South Africa's Bantu and Zulu bums (highly prized in women - I'm seeing if there's any market for elderly white crones), which is saying something.

My list, which should be longer(!) is:

Aintree
Ascot
Cheltenham
Epsom
Kempton Park
Lingfield
Newbury
Newmarket (July and Rowley)
Nottingham
Sandown
Stratford
Towcester
Uttoxeter
Warwick
Worcester
York

I've also been to Longchamp for the Arc and several local P2P tracks (Which are some of my favourite places to watch racing).

If asked i'd have to say York is still my favourite track.

Back