Irish Champion Hurdle Weekend

Irish Nash

Possibly yeah, he was running over 2m6 and 2m7 as a novice hurdler last season so good chance there is some stamina there.
Knowing nothing really about breeding myself, a quick glance and I can see he has the same Sire as Smad Place and Smashing.
And While Smashing never stayed 3m or beyond, Smad Place won a Hennessy and a Chelt race both 3m 2F.

Looking att he race back again Duc De Geneveries was an eye catcher in second - no doubt that he will be stepped up

Yeah, had made a note about that only 10mins ago. Stayed on really well - but might not be one for the Festival - I'm wondering is soft ground needed?

Had a great Saturday and will be back for the full weekend in 2019. Sad not to have met any other forumites, but had phone issues and only received a voicemail in the taxi back to the airport...

From The Times

Irish racing’s integrity body is investigating the source of bets placed on at least two high-profile horses, (named as Yorkhill and Melon), to lose,both of which were beaten at Leopardstown on Saturday. Day one of the Dublin Racing Festival was hailed as a great success, but there were some notable disappointments on the track, off-colour runs which seemed to be no surprise to some betters on Betfair.

My perception, rightly or wrongly, is that Irish racing is more bent than UK racing. I tend to avoid betting regularly on the Irish stuff because the volatility on the exchanges prior to the off makes me doubt its integrity. The fact that we’ve now had questions raised in the last two high profile Irish meetings has got to be of concern.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

At Dublin airport about to fly back.

I punished my body till I believed in my soul.

I had to be restrained from storming the weighing room after the last yesterday to propose to Katie.

My gain. Her loss.

They did both run shockers.

You didn't need inside info to be taking-on Yorkhill in a G1 two-mile chase, up against a horse like Min - what with Yorkhill being tripless and a hound. :ninja:

Melon was a little disappointing, but he might need a stiffer track and quicker ground. Again, I think there are reasons for the run, that don't need an investigation.

Last edited:
Boys from RTE missed the betting drifts completely-why do they fly Tom Lee over from England when he can't bring attention to one of the most significant betting moves of the decade.

Boys from RTE missed the betting drifts completely-why do they fly Tom Lee over from England when he can't bring attention to one of the most significant betting moves of the decade.
Which horse or which betting drift did they miss? I'm re watching the RTE coverage today and Tom Lee was all over the drift on Yorkhill. Mentioned it multiple times. Then as regards Melon, he was 11/4 - 3/1 leading up to the race and a couple mins before the race. Melon was very hot and sweaty on his way to post and returned SP 7/2. That's not really a big drift, is it? (Maybe Melon was a lot bigger on the machine?) I assume it was one of these 2 you were referring to?

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

Whatever your thoughts on RTE's presentation of racing, the actual race commentary is sh*te !!

I quite enjoy, Robert, Ted, Ruby etc. And in general I've no issue with their overall presentation of it, but the commentary is so bad. Lifeless, dull, boring and basically pathetic imo.

Watching the racing back today the commentator barely raised his voice once. Really detracts from the excitement of what where predominantly good races. Very disappointing.

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

Wouldn't have won an egg and spoon race over any trip on Saturday.
Can only assume a handful thought he could win over any trip.

As for Min. Yeah was ok :lol:

yorkhill has become tripless after winning 2 grade 1's at the festival over (pretty much) the same distance and.........not winning whe being tried over a different distance in 2 races since?

Clueless, inept and not helped by being around his fluffy assistant.

RTE racing has quickly amassed a large crew of inept sidekicks

Back