Irish Champion Stakes

I was all set to go Euro but my enthusiasm has been diluted in recent weeks when I worked out the likely line up.

One of the few flat meetings I go to ever year. On the eve of the All-Ireland, it will be into Rody Bolands afterwards for the craic!

They've got lucky with Snow Fairy. But for the feck up in France she might not have run either. Would Godolphin send one of their entries over?

I wonder when was the last time there was a French runner in a flat race in Ireland? They seem to have stopped coming.

For anyone thinking of going the pigsback megadeal is 2 tickets for the Champion Stakes for €19. For those uninterested, you will find a variety of fish pedicure deals, body tanning deals, brazilian waxes and meal deals in really crap restaurants also available.

http://www.dealpage.ie/

After Six Perfections and Dalakhani getting stitched up over here I'm not surprised.

Murtagh outridden by Kinane and Soumillon outridden by Murtagh, you mean.

Shawanda won the Oaks about 5 (?) years ago.

Oh and for anyone going, the best deal is probably with the Tote go racing club. 10 euros in and a free racecard plus they'll add 5 euros to your tote account.

Oh and for anyone going, the best deal is probably with the Tote go racing club. 10 euros in and a free racecard plus they'll add 5 euros to your tote account.

HRI seem to be making all the right moves to get people to go racing, and the standard of horses in training is probably as good as it has ever been. I really can't understand why people like myself rarely go anymore.

Back