Irish Forum Meet Up

Guest_

At the Start
Many going to the Irish Champion at Leopardstown? Hope to be going....nice to see some old and new faces before the races if many are heading up?

Toying with the idea if I'm not working that Saturday and flights are reasonable enough from Gatwick. Chances of both aren't great unfortunately. Still not been to the races in Ireland which seems crazy given the distances I've gone to watch the sport!

Almost certainly going to Leopardstown that day. I've been to that meeting the last few years and really enjoyed it. Look forward to meeting anyone who is going.

I'll be there, Cantoris's driving permitting! We're going down to Colm Murphy's that morning and heading to Leopardstown for the afternoon.

Toying with the idea if I'm not working that Saturday and flights are reasonable enough from Gatwick. Chances of both aren't great unfortunately. Still not been to the races in Ireland which seems crazy given the distances I've gone to watch the sport!

Prices dont look too bad with Ryanair.

I've just had to cancel a holiday for next week, so whilst this was looking like it was ruled out, I'll see if I can get over.

I suppose so but still no comparison to the numbers that flock to the Christmas festival so see a load of old slow boats plod around in the mud.

Its possible I'll be going to Tramore in a week or twos time to catch up with some relatives, anyone know how far Leopardstown is from Tramore?

I might head over. Live less than 10 minutes from the course and haven't been to a meeting despite living here for 4 years...

Is anyone planning on staying over, perhaps having a bite to eat and drink in Dublin on either the Friday or the Saturday or just a day at the races?

I'll be there presuming we get back from Colms in one piece. Martin, I'm on for grub or we could just go to Krystal again and oogle at all the fine young fillies there!! Probably have a better chance backing a winner there than at Leopardstown!!

I will prob have one or two spare spaces in the car going to Colms if anyone fancies an early morning trek to Wexford. Plan would involve leaving Dublin at around 6.30/6.45 on Sat morning, take in three or four lots in Colms and up to the races for 12. The Irish contingent are welcome to come along too if they can drive down.

Sounds, good. I'll book into Bewleys on the Saturday again then. I won't be able to make it to Colms unfortunately as I'll fly in Saturday morning.

Sounds good betsmate.....Del Boy and Hezz heading?

No plans to go myself at the minute, although that could change. Del Boy isn't in good health at the moment. Has had a scare and still waiting test results. Barring a massive upward curve i'd imagine he won't be going, although he's completely ignoring doctors orders and is flat out texting for results :rolleyes:...so you never know with him!

I will prob have one or two spare spaces in the car going to Colms if anyone fancies an early morning trek to Wexford. Plan would involve leaving Dublin at around 6.30/6.45 on Sat morning, take in three or four lots in Colms and up to the races for 12. The Irish contingent are welcome to come along too if they can drive down.

Getting into Cantoris's car will be taken as a binding contract to enter his syndicate....the man will stop at nothing!

Back