Irish Hennessy Gold Cup

eric c

At the Start
What will run?
Does Listener return--can Mossbank beat him if ground is softer than for Lexus?
What does P Nicholls run---? Star de Mohaison---where is Neptune Collonges???

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I read yesterday that Paul Nicholls would like to run Star de Mohaison in the Hennessy. Although I would have thought if the ground comes up soft then it would be against him.

Very good point Eric. Where is Neptune Collonges? I don't recall hearing anything about a setback, but on the other hand we've heard nothing about plans or entries. I know PFN is generally very good with the media and the public, but he seems to have dropped off the radar unless I missed something.

I wonder if Dave Pipe would consider an entry for Our Vic after his very promising return at Kempton. There will be no Kauto Star to contend with and the race would fit nicely. I suspect he won't though. Can anyone remember the last time the Pipe's travelled one over to Ireland?

Originally posted by Maruco@Jan 8 2008, 08:44 AM
Very good point Eric. Where is Neptune Collonges? I don't recall hearing anything about a setback, but on the other hand we've heard nothing about plans or entries. I know PFN is generally very good with the media and the public, but he seems to have dropped off the radar unless I missed something.

I wonder if Dave Pipe would consider an entry for Our Vic after his very promising return at Kempton. There will be no Kauto Star to contend with and the race would fit nicely. I suspect he won't though. Can anyone remember the last time the Pipe's travelled one over to Ireland?
Surely running him between now and Cheltenham, would ruin whatever hope Our Vic had at the festival.

Went close last year after the pillar I suppose, but does run best fresh.

Thanks Bar. Yes I forgot about Tuitchev, but I wouldn't have even thought of Say What You See. Now you mention it he had sent Tiutchev over to Japan for the Grand Jump earlier in the year.

I'm not sure Dave Pipe has travelled anything at all anywhere since he took over his father's license though.

Normally one or two Pipe horses at Punchestown, but they're the Joe Moran owned ones.
Puntal had an entry for the Banks race last year but didnt run.
Judging by the way he ran after taking the wrong turn at Cheltenham he could have gone close too.
Can't see Our Vic running over there coz I asked Martin Pipe why he doesnt run many in Ireland and he said that DJ wants to always win the Owners title in GB.
"Although this season he has one with Weld"

Originally posted by eric c@Jan 7 2008, 09:01 PM
What will run?
Does Listener return--can Mossbank beat him if ground is softer than for Lexus?
What does P Nicholls run---? Star de Mohaison---where is Neptune Collonges???

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
I think Mossbank could amount to anything..A very progressive and talented young horse..Was never a big fan of the the Beefs', and to be honest I could see Mossbank eclipsing his famous stable mate..Mossbank is a certain star of the future for me, and at the very least he will take a big prize in the UK. .something that the Beef will never could/ or will manage.

Originally posted by Gareth Flynn@Jan 8 2008, 08:07 PM
It'll take years for Mossbank to get close to beating Beefy's achievements. Years.

Obviously it will take time, but on the evidence that I've seen so far..he's got the talent to potentially(a big word that I know)win a Gold Cup.

Yeah, he's pretty good. Very tough time to be a staying chaser with Gold Cup pretensions though.

Originally posted by Galileo@Jan 8 2008, 08:45 AM
I like Mossbank or In Compliance.
So do I Gal, but it all depends on the ground really. If the meeting were run this weekend, I wouldn't fancy either of them a yard.

Entries are out--PN has 4 and no Denman--- when he comes here he usually means business---a lot will depend on what global warming brings us in the next 18 days.
Does anyone remember Calling Wild??

Looks like NC goes to Cheltenham on Saturday so maybe a trip to Leopardstown is unlikely on Feb 10. If the ground were to dry out some we may see Star de Mohaison for the Hennessy.

Sounds like Mossbank is a NR unless the ground dries out alot. If its soft he goes straight for the Ryanair Chase.

Not for our TTF lists on FF it isn't - we really need Mossbank to win the IHGC in which case we stand a good chance of being in the top 10 next w/e. Pray for wind and no rain :dork:

Back