Irish Hennessy Gold Cup

Originally posted by an capall@Feb 7 2008, 07:13 PM
Will you be in Dublin, suny?
Sadly, I will not be there
I hope to see you , next time I go.

My next racing trip is to Royal Ascot.

Didn’t think I would say it this year but I think Beef Or Salmon could go very close in this. Gave him no chance in the Lexus but I was taken by how close he got on ground that would have been too lively for him. Connections say he had a few hold ups before that race but he is fine since. The place will go mad if he wins it.

Won't it just LOL

Has to be worth a punt, The Listener will be very short surely

I sent the Butler (Burrell) to the top floor, from where you can see the racecourse. He reports it to be bright breezy and drying. His forecast for Sunday is soft side of good. I have asked him to prepare the appropriate clothing.

With Ryanair shares going south it looks as if O'Leary is afraid to take a chance Sunday preferring to wait to have a runner in the Ryanair at the Meeca---he really does know how to get his ration of publicity.
Old timers believe in running them when they are fit and have their conditions--when the fire is hot----Hourigan does not know what side of the bed to get out of.

:angy: :angy: :angy:

Snowy Morning is the one for me

Mossbank and the Hourigan yard were all wrong last year. Its has nothing to do with the horse needing to be fresh.

But this is this year---why is he not running when Hourigan told the press during the week that he would run and Davy Russell would ride him??
Hourigan would make a good pig farmer--it would be a step up from the tinker he always was.

spam spam spam

I think the market for this race is volatile and hasn't settled down even at this late stage.The 3s Ladbrokes and Baldfred are offering about Nickname is wrong and I see him as a 6/1 at least on betfair come Sunday.I will back him at that price.
The 5/1 Snowy Morning with Ladbrokes also looks a good price -I cant see it lasting too long tomorrow morning.
Hopefully these two and BOS at 14s will put me in a winning position.

To be honest I have never been a fan of The Listener and I think he is very beatable especially if he gets into a battle for the lead.For me the worst case scenario on Sunday is The Listener getting an uncontested lead.

who do you think is going to take him on?

I think he will have them cooked 2 out and will beat Beef or Salmon by 10 or 15 in second place.

The ground will beat The Listener---it will not be soft enough---strong S-SW drying wind this a.m.---doubt there will be any soft in conditions by 4pm to-morrow.

They might be regretting not running Kicking King in this if the ground rides as good as I expect. Particularly if its testing in Gowran next weekend!

the words ..too much rope ...come to mind

not much point sitting right off a horse like that...Turko...not good enough...but the other jocks not really on the mark

a real egg and spooner

Back