Irish Hennessy Gold Cup

According to Ruby in Sat's Examiner Paul Nicholls will decide Wednesday if he sends anything for Sunday.
Hourigan is under pressure to have Mossbank fresh for Ryanair---sponsored by owner---so a shower between now and next Sunday will rule him out---my TTTF will suffer also.

Originally posted by eric c@Feb 3 2008, 07:34 AM
According to Ruby in Sat's Examiner Paul Nicholls will decide Wednesday if he sends anything for Sunday.
Hourigan is under pressure to have Mossbank fresh for Ryanair---sponsored by owner---so a shower between now and next Sunday will rule him out---my TTTF will suffer also.
Will Ruby definitely ride one of Paul N's and not Snowy Morning if he runs?

This race looks like it could cut up alot. With Mossbank a NR connections could well be tempted to run him.

I managed to get 14s about Beef or Salmon today despite 8s being the best price on oddschecker.Theoretical value.
There seems to be a lot of confusion regarding Snowy Morning and his next run.As far as I can make out members of the syndicate are uncertain and WPM will be deciding.

I imagine Snowy Morning will not run in a chase race until the weights of the Grand National are official.

Mossbank likely to bypass the race thinking in March and Kicking King will wait till the Red Mills

Beef Or Salmon is the only possible danger for The Listener.

GN weights come out Feb 5---would not be surprised to see SM run--but surely if The Listener shows up he will be the fav.
Have I missed something??

Originally posted by eric c@Feb 4 2008, 09:53 PM
GN weights come out Feb 5---would not be surprised to see SM run--but surely if The Listener shows up he will be the fav.
Have I missed something??
what do you wnat to say with that :shy:

You will have it
I dont think he is as good as The Listener at his best and on what we have seen this season and the up in trip I think has a very poor chance to beat TL or BoS.

Ten left:

Mossbank
Beef Or Salmon
Notre Pere
The Listener
Turko
Nickname
Hedgehunter
Mistertopnotch
Rule Supreme
Snowy Morning

Ground is currently yielding on the hurdle course, Yielding soft in places on the chase course with a mainly dry week and weekend forecast so the ground shouldnt be too bad. I wonder will they have a rethink regarding Mossbank.

Brian O'Connor in todays Irish Times says that with a drying week forecast Mossbank will most likely run and Davy Russell will ride---i.e. according to Michael Hourigan-- who is well known not to know what he is doing.
If this turns out to be so it will be one of the most competitive Irish Hennessy's in a long time.
Certainly the forecast is for drying ground--no serious rain forecast and it has been dry since Saturday at Leopardstown.
Anyone coming from overseas???

Originally posted by granger@Feb 4 2008, 10:25 PM
A little surprised Nickname is favourite given step up in trip.Had hoped i could get on at something like 5's
Nickname 5s with Cashmans.

It has been sunny windy and dry here---60*F to-day---for the past few days.
With drying ground the only thing that The Listener will have in his favour is a calm ride on the ferry.
Nickname also wants it softer but may stay 3 miles on this better ground.
Snowy Morning will have his chance to show that his 2nd to Denman in 07 S.A. was no fluke. You can have B or S.
Mossbank may now start favourite---Snowy Morning with Ruby up looks a threat.

good to soft is more a problem for Nickname, Snowy and Beef rather than to The Listener.

Mossbank not one to trust for me

Back