It's Back!

Sorry for the downtime people. Although it probably looked like I wasn't doing anything I was up till about 3am this morning trying to fix it, with no success.

Short version, the forum software wasn't compatible with an upgrade the hosts did. Thats been sorted for now at least.

Tech version, Hosts upgraded to php 5.3.1 which doesn't support ampersan, but this forum uses. I tried removing them but it didn't work. Tried switching off error reporting in htaccess and index files, didn't work. I didn't have access to php.ini to do the same as its shared hosting. The host downgraded php this morning and all is well.
Problem is, chances are sometime in the future they will probably have to upgrade again. Barring switching off error reporting, I don't see there is a fix, and I don't think the hosts will do this as its not a fix, and others would complain. So I'll have to look into 3 options
1. changing hosts, but same could happen again
2. changing forum software, don't really want to
3. Upgrading vbulletin, but its $205 and I'm dead opposed to paying for something thats not needed, just to basically fix sloppy programming. Considering the error I think vbulletin should allow the update for free.

So not sure which way to go lol

The 4th option is to use a nulled version of vbulletin, inserting my legit license number into the files, but for obvious reasons I don't want to go down that route

I missed the oppurtunity to inform you that there was 3 seconds of me on RTE2 last night. It seems only On The Bridle spotted me. Than again he's used to looking out for me, he's loaned me money...

Went back to TRF for an hour - Left quickly. I remember why I stopped posting there and moved here. It really is desperate.

Then someone asked what was wrong with this forum (i.e. why was it down) but the TRF'ers took it upon themselves to give this forum some stick!!! Grassy and EC got a mention. I was going to ask if they'd take Tanlic back but then I thought despite him being a complete pain in the jacksy you do get some value out of him!!!!

I read that,I've never posted anything on there and I never will.Clivex had some nice lines.ha sour grapes.

Last edited:
I read that,I've never posted anything on there and I never will.The main man on there seems bit of a fruitcake.Clivex had some nice lines.ha sour grapes.

I also read that. They are welcome to Clivex.

Haven't looked in there for years - terrible place.

Went back to TRF for an hour - Left quickly. I remember why I stopped posting there and moved here. It really is desperate.

Then someone asked what was wrong with this forum (i.e. why was it down) but the TRF'ers took it upon themselves to give this forum some stick!!! Grassy and EC got a mention. I was going to ask if they'd take Tanlic back but then I thought despite him being a complete pain in the jacksy you do get some value out of him!!!!

I did exactly the same, Aragorn - and lasted about 30 minutes viewing before I gave up.

Please post the link where me and EC "get a mention".....curiosity is getting the better of me! :D

I must have a look later. Pack of guessers over there.

Talkinghorses used to be in the swear filter over there (might still be as it was only if it was wrote as a single word, not as done in the thread) as they were scared of losing members if anyone came here to have a look. Think that says it all really.

As for posts in that thread
clivexx

28 Jan 2013 15:52
Problem with the site is that its full of tossers

talkinghorses
clivex
Total Posts: 6,207

lol

For a site that used to (not sure about now) promote themselves as one of the largest independant racing forums out there, it is extremely quiet over there.

For a site that used to (not sure about now) promote themselves as one of the largest independant racing forums out there, it is extremely quiet over there.

This sums the place up nicely:

Classic Winner

ricky lake
26 Jan 2013 15:38
Corm , get a grip , I know you need to get threads going , but not at the expense of your credibility and indeed this much reduced outpost

No Horse will ever exceed Arkle , they built the rules around him , he was truly invincible , and will always remain so

imo

Ricky

Hartigan would turn in his grave at anyone uttering the better than Arkle nonsense which is saying something give BrianH is still alive...

Back