Jacques Le Marois

The truth is, Euro, that in 4 races at 1m, he hasn't achieved a figure (even though rated the winner of the Poulains) within half a stone of Dawn Approach's worst, and while his trainer thinks he may be a superstar, none of his form - at the distance - supports that view.
Might not be wise to crab DA's 'freshness' either, considering it was equally questioned after the Derby.
Fwiw, my view is DA's chances were compromised - in both races since the Derby - by the uneven pace set by his stablemate, and it wouldn't surprise at all to see the same horse we saw in the Guineas; given today's field make-up.

DA currently 10/1 on the pmu. :ninja:

obviously that will change but if he's 3/1+ on there near the off i'll probably go in. otherwise i'll just sit back and admire a cracking race.

DA currently 10/1 on the pmu. :ninja:

obviously that will change but if he's 3/1+ on there near the off i'll probably go in. otherwise i'll just sit back and admire a cracking race.

He'll go off around 6/1 on the PMU in my opinion, Arbers dream.

the best approach could be bet Bolger horse in the pmu to be placed and hope Intello and or Moonlight not to be placed

just over 4/1 da on the pmu seconds before the off

that'll do
nearly as disappointing as atr doing a split screen during arguably the race of the season.

moonlight cloud is electric and a fantastic effort from olympic glory

Hence - watched it on RUK !

Great race - I got the feeling that Jarnet as well as feeling required to go too soon was taking it a bit easy close home and did not realise how fast Olympic Glory was finishing .

Dawn Approach surely over the top and it was one race too many and Elusive Kate was never going .

Now would Hughes have won on Olympic Glory ? I suspect he would have had him positioned closer to the outside from his past riding of the horse in the Vintage and Lagardere to give him a clearer run .

solid form

runner up a little bit unlucky despite winner went a little bit soon

Dawn Approach, looks not in love with the game and I imagine he will be retired.

Intello didnt have the best of runs but distance was too short and still can be a Champion Stakes contender

Olimpic Glory with this run looks the one to beat in the division for the rest of the season.

Moonlight posting today 124, she can be a 128/129 over 7f, pity for them is she has almost no program for her.

nearly as disappointing as atr doing a split screen during arguably the race of the season.

moonlight cloud is electric and a fantastic effort from olympic glory

ATR did the right thing showing the Royal Whip -a Group race with a long history .The Curragh management should be ashamed of themselves -a 2 minute delay would have been in the best interests of Irish racing fans on and off course.

ATR did the right thing showing the Royal Whip -a Group race with a long history .The Curragh management should be ashamed of themselves -a 2 minute delay would have been in the best interests of Irish racing fans on and off course.

I agree

yeah good points. wasn't blaming atr as such just disappointing the way it turned out
Dawn Approach, looks not in love with the game and I imagine he will be retired.
pretty big over-reaction imo. this is his 3rd race since the derby debacle and the only one he's really disappointed in. he does seem to have developed a knack of being far too headstrong early in races though and his head carriage is awful but i wouldn't say he's fallen out of love with the game.

he just needs a break.

Cracking win by Moonlight Cloud, though she only just lasted home and was undoubtedly aided by the fast ground. Much the quickest ground Dawn Approach has raced on too, and that may have played a part in his lack-lustre performance. Intello wasn't able to live with them for speed, but ran well enough to suggest he'll have a real chance in the Arc de Triomphe.
Though clearly run at a good pace, it wasn't near as attritional as it promised (illustrated by the sub 12sec final furlong) and though good gp1 form, wouldn't necessarily be the best 1m run this season - Olympic Glory holds it down, and Declaration of War finished closer than he did in the Sussex.

Intello wasn't able to live with them for speed, but ran well enough to suggest he'll have a real chance in the Arc de Triomphe.

Has a 7/1 quote for the Champion Stakes which is a far easier race assuming Al Kazeem goes to Paris. Fabre has other candidates for the Arc.

On pedigree you'd fancy Moonlight Cloud to get 8f well. By Invincible Spirit out a Spectrum mare who's a half sister to Generous you'd think there was enough stamina to see out 8f and maybe a bit more.
Speaking from my ignorance what was it about her that made you think she wouldn't get the trip?

There's getting 8f and getting it against top class opposition. Her best form is over shorter and I just thought at least one of Intello or Dawn Approach would have too much for her.

I backed dawn approach and it let me down badly. dow ran a good race but what a mare moonlight cloud is. I see coolmore own the dam of her so anyone know who she is likely to be mated with in the upcoming years.

lol - didn't back it. Just couldn't see how the wild claims about her before the event stacked up (and it was kinda nice to be proved right).

i can't see anything wild about her not staying a truly run 8f at that level tbh...if all of them had run to their best then she wouldn't have placed..imo

your argument using last years race as evidence of staying was imo flawed..as that race wasn't a true test so was unlikely to apply to Saturdays race

i was daft laying her tbh after pointing out on this thread that Bolger's stable is in lousy form ...as without DA running his race there was always chance she would place..look what finished 2nd for instance

I read a fair bit of analysis on that race all over the place..and to give you full credit...:)...not one person thought she would be suited to a strong run 8f..apart form your good self

Back