Johnny Murtagh/Aga Khan

Anything to do with the success of his own yard or the demise of Valyra?

Last edited:
Having his own stable (Thomas Carmody) was pissing off owners of horses he was riding. I'm not surprised the Aga Khan is not happy playing second fiddle to Andrew Tinkler. How about Ben Curtis as number one and Sam James as number two and Soumillion to Coolmore in the winter.

This could have an effect on the apprentice title if Sam James can pick up the second strings in the next two months.

Ursa Major for Carmody beat Hartani for the Aga Khan in the Irish St Leger trial and both are likely to be major contenders for the race itself.

Ursa Major for Carmody beat Hartani for the Aga Khan in the Irish St Leger trial and both are likely to be major contenders for the race itself.

Hartani won't be he's been taken out (16 left in). I'm looking at Ursa Major as a place possibility though.

Last edited:
I wonder what terms they are on now.If he pissed off the Aga might it have a knock on affect for trainers who got their introduction to him through Murtagh ?

I'd doubt it. Surely Tinkler will give him more horses and Ger Lyons will use him. Would also allow him to be super-sub in UK/France.

Haggas and some others will give him plenty of rides

Aga Khan is a great owner breeder but signing jockeys like Lemaire and Moose makes someone not to clever to choose jockeys

Will this bring Fran Berry back to Oxx ? A loyal lieutenant and good all around guy.
I'm shocked at the news, genuinely.

So far this season Fran Berry has ridden at least once for 60 different trainers, which I find incredible. However, John Oxx is not one of them.

Last edited:
Back