Juddmonte International

Guest_

At the Start
This is building up into a cracker...Harbinger and Rip Van Winkle are two possibles (strongly swaying that way) while Twice Over and Byword are confirmed runners. Trying to think are there any top three year olds likely to line up?

Might they try Dick turpin in this? They want to step him up the 10f. But quite a race to start in....

I think Hannon said they would like to step him up in trip but that the supplementary fee might put them off but so might the likely field!

I think Byword would be a very live contender at the likely prices. Hes around 9/2 on Betfair but likely to be better when the market forms properly.

Rather boring, but a fit and well Harbinger wins by daylight. 10f absolutely fine for him on pedigree and racing style.

Think Harbinger will win, but it will certainly be more workmanlike over this trip and after his huge effort last tme.

Is Harbinger in a similar mould to Falbrav, in terms of race planning rather than ratings?

Looks like RVW's first real target..only one horse could get top side of him at his best..if both horses are at their best I'll take RVW to beat Harbinger

time to bet like men i would say..should get a decent price on RVW with H beaing overrated by about 7lbs at the moment..people think he is the second coming and his odds will make him lay of the year.

As an aside..H ran the worst race of his life last time he ran at York

bring it on :cool:

Last edited:
I'd be interested in Byword - Highly progressive and I think his run against Goldikova was top class and over 10f I think Harbinger will be susceptible to a pacier animal. You're going to get a good price as well if Harbinger turns up.

Beethoven (IRE) 3.c
Bushman 6.g
Byword 4.c
Cape Blanco (IRE) 3.c
Cavalryman 4.c
Cutlass Bay (UAE) 4.c
Dick Turpin (IRE) 3.c
Jakkalberry (IRE) 4.c
Monterosso 3.c
Rip Van Winkle (IRE) 4.c
Stimulation (IRE) 5.h
Twice Over 5.h

What is the exact distance of the International? I thought it was one of the "longer" 10 furlong races if you know what I mean? Cannot see Dick Turpin getting the trip against some of these.

Really hope they let both Rip and Cape Blanco run.

Ladbrokes Prices…..

Rip Van Winkle 7/4
Byword 9/4
Twice Over 3/1
Dick Turpin 6/1 (4/1 with SJ)
Cape Blanco 12/1
25/1 Bar

I thought the same, and thought he could later on go for the Foret. I'd rather him at 7 than 10 but am not certain about either!

He's a miler!

It just has to be Byword for me but depending what you make of the ride given to an apparantley unlucky in running Twice Over you could make the case he is the value at 10/3.

I am really struggling to see where Dick Turpin is going to find the stamina for 10 furlong...

half-brother to 5f winner Lady Schmuck, US 6f winner Cheerily and 5f/6f winner Vigorous; dam placed over 5f and 6f and half-sister to good sprinter Deep Finesse, out of 5f/6f 2yo winner from speedy family

He's an admirable colt but 6/1 is laughable. He's a miler to my eye and Byword is a class above him at this trip, almost see the Fabre colt as value at 3s

If Rip Van Winkle runs and has indeed come on for his Sussex Stakes then this is surely his to lose. I am not even sure he would need to improve that much on that effort to win.

I backed Byword at Ascot and while I was delighted to collect I was actually a bit disappointed with him as I thought he would really stamp his class on the race but in truth he was probably a little lucky to beat Twice Over with Tazeez and Stimulation both within a couple of lengths in third and fourth respectively.

Cutlass Bay was meant to be a superstar at the start of the season so it will be interesting to see how he goes. He looks the possible big improver to me and along with Twice Over look the dangers to Rip Van Winkle.

But if the Ballydoyle horse is anywhere near his best he should mop this lot up.

Back