Juddmonte International

The poll on the RP site is interesting on this race

Who will win the Juddmonte

RVW = 20%
Twice Over = 33%
Byword = 19%

doesn't say how many have voted up to press but if that is followed up by money it could be worth backing Twice Over at whatever it is on betfair and laying back for a free bet..as he should be shorter on the day you would think

I thought there was a chance he could have been a pricewise selection if he stayed around 5/1 but he was a market mover today.

Last edited:
Still don't see why he should be shorter than Byword (unless the latter is a doubtful runner).

Byword looks like he'll continue to drift, there'll no doubt be more patriotic money for Twice Over and Dick Turpin and bigger prices about the winner Gearoid ;)

Any 7/2 Byword and it would really be time to take out the baseball bat and try and knock one out of the park. I would however be sympathetic to anyone taking the view Twice Over was unlucky in the Prince of Wales. Hes a genuine 10F Group 1 aninmal and was probably a bet at the 5/1 chalked up when Dick Turpin was supplemented.

This really is Rip's to lose - if he performs within 3/4 pounds of his best, he wins. To have nearly 2/1 on him doing this is real value I think.

Just received a message that said Dick Turpin was supplemnted because of an impressive piece of homework he did on Tuesday.(No details about the distance he worked over or who with.)

But like most on this board I have doubts about his stamina.

This really is Rip's to lose - if he performs within 3/4 pounds of his best, he wins. To have nearly 2/1 on him doing this is real value I think.

Can't believe there is only a point and a half between Rip and Twice Over. Crazy prices.

Beethoven was uncomfortably close for me at the time in the Sussex but didn't do much to harm the form the other night.

Bushman
Byword
Cavalryman
Cutlass Bay (UAE)
Jakkalberry (IRE) (Tongue Strap)
Rip Van Winkle (IRE)
Stimulation (IRE)
Twice Over
Dick Turpin (IRE)

Hannon quoted as saying the rain will be of help to Dick Turpin - over a mile yes but unlikely to help him to get the near 13 furlong trip tomorrow.

I picked him and Twice Over to chase home Rip Van Winkle. Interesting to see the level of support (or not) for the Ballydoyle horse tomorrow.

Is Rip Van Winkle a cast-iron stayer if there is a decent cut in the ground?

Where is the pace going to come from by the way? With Twice Over, Dick Turpin and (presumably?) Rip Van Winkle apparently to be ridden more conservatively than on recent outings, Stimulation looks the only solid pace angle in the race. Watching brief for me.

"We were delighted with him in the Sussex. Obviously he started off at Ascot where he just got tired in the last half a furlong," said O'Brien.
"We were happy with that and we're looking forward to him having a second run. We thought he'd progress after his first run and we expect him to progress again.
"Everything has been good with him this year. We started him later this year but he went very well over the winter and so far everything has been good.
"The horse has always shown loads of speed, as he did again at Goodwood, but we felt as the year went on he would progress.
"He won't mind dropping back to a mile if he ever needs to, but he's a big cruiser and quickens very well.
"The only time he ran over a mile and a quarter last year was in the Eclipse where he ran very well. He's very versatile.
"We thought he'd progressed after Ascot and we think he's progressed since Goodwood, we are looking forward to seeing him run."

Probably around the same price as Twice Over and Byword Hamm - he'd be an unbeaten Group 1 winner coming into this.

Certainly agree that 33/1 is a huge price about him - you only need to forgive one poor run - certainly shouldn't be that price.

Just looked now - really surprised to see Dettori still with Cavalryman.

I think Cutlass Bay is a fair price and I would not be backing him at much shorter. His Group 1 success has not been franked this year and even leaving aside his last run he could not be given a similar chance on price to Twice Over or Byword - certainly not on the formbook.

You are having a laugh. He would be better off being gelded and running in a soft ground maiden hurdle.

He'd be a similar price though Gal - without the last run as an unbeaten horse who disposed of a Group 1 winner in relatively easy fashion last time out.

Agree with you in that I can't see why Dettori is still sticking with Cavalryman though it's clear to see the horse isn't anywhere near as good as he was last season.

Dettori regularly picks the wrong Godolphin horse so I wouldn't be in the slightest worried about that.

Gearoid - have you looked through his form?

Back