Senior Jockey
6 declared
Mukhadram
Telescope
Arod
Australia
Kingfisher
The Grey Gatsby

The prices strike me as somewhat odd. Telescope is surely much better at a mile and a half and Mukhadram one would expect to beat him over 10f and 12-1 seems long for The Grey Gatsby albeit the Jockey Club form may not be working out that well . Arod progressive but surely cannot beat Australia

JPOB going to do 8-12 -somehow I doubt it but they think Australia will win carrying 9-0 no problem.

Last edited:
granite beast is Mukhadram, he might make Australia know but should only be one winner.

Shame they didn't put Eagle Top in the Voltigeur. Was dieing to back him against Kingston Hill. Snow Sky interests me though.

Mukhadram's a 120 horse, Telescope's not much better. Joseph could put 7lb overweight and still win handsomely.

don't see Australia being beaten... older horses have held sway in recent years.. giving 3yo's weight;)..maybe wfa allowance is just favourable every now and then

Last edited:
Going was good this morning.

It should be good ground. Today has seen a few showers in the area...not sure how much has hit the course, but it will unlikely be enough to soften it too much. Indeed if all the showers miss, it might be slightly quick

Tomorrow, looks to be similar, but showers lighter and more scattered.

http://www.racingpost.com/news/live.sd?event_id=2584024&category=0

Telescope does tempt me slightly. Yes he is a mile and a half horse but those type animals have a great record in this race. I think this track may suit him better than Ascot as well despite his Hardwicke win.

Snow Sky is overpriced in the Voltigeur as well. Another horse who will enjoy this long straight. The Ballydoyle horse, the Cumani's handicapper and Hartnell should not be shorter

Last edited:
If I was pricing this up I'd go Australia 1.75 Mukhadram 5.5 Telescope 7 and expect them to finish in that order.

If AOB seriously believes Australia may need the race and Mukhadram heads for home early enough he will take some pegging back.

I can't see Telescope's having battling qualities to get involved in what looks like a 2 horse race to me.

I always feel when trainers talk about a horses fitness prior to an important race they are making pre race excuses just in case. AOB has had plenty time to ensure Australia is 100% for this and his statement stinks of a man who is worried his champion may not be all he is cracked up to be.

However he should still be good enough to win this but even Brigadier Gerard was beaten in this race so anything is possible and laying him or backing him at odds on isn't something I'm not prepared to do.

Australia at around 1.67 may appeal to some but I am taking my chances on Mukhadram giving him most to do.

Mukhadram 2.2+ place market

Last edited:
Snow Sky is overpriced in the Voltigeur as well. Another horse who will enjoy this long straight. The Ballydoyle horse, the Cumani's handicapper and Hartnell should not be shorter

Couldn't believe my eyes, had a good bet at 8/1 this morning & hoping to do the Leger double if Lads go up on that too.

Kingston Hill looks a total boat and may be suited to York but 6/4?!?!

Ballydoyle horse is a joke of a price.

The Lowther looks a fascinating race. Tactics will be very interesting. Fancy Cursory Glance myself to beat AA and Tiggy.

Very interested in the Weld filly on Thursday aswell in the Fillies listed race.

Kingston Hill looks a total boat and may be suited to York but 6/4?!?!

Ballydoyle horse is a joke of a price.

the ground will be key .whatever it starts at will be interesting..Good probably..the odd rain showers that are forecast throughout the week should prevent watering..the wind will also be drying it.

I think Kingston Hill to actually win a race needs a bit of juice..he ran well in the Derby on Good ground but for him to be 6/4 i'd want juice in. On paper he's got 10lb in hand..unless we have something improve..which i can only see the AOB one and Hartnell doing so. I'll have Hartnell to place i think..play safe

Last edited:
Agree with Tanlic here.
York is no place to show up half cocked !
From Brigadier Gerard through Rheingold, Grundy, Artaius, Oh So Sharp, Cachoetes and more horses need to be at the top of their game to win this.
Mukhadram is the horse to beat to win this.
I hope Australia does but his A game is needed.

Sea the stars won it not being at his best but Australia doesnt look a sea the stars,

I think he will win and has a good chance in the irish champion that is very likely the last time he will run.

Sea the stars won it not being at his best but Australia doesnt look a sea the stars,

I think he will win and has a good chance in the irish champion that is very likely the last time he will run.

Australia is a special horse, a serious horse and listen, he can do things I have not seen any other horse do.

I find it very hard to believe that he won't go for either Ascot, Longchamp or the Breeders' Cup.

They don't bottle it.

I agree-he needs something special on his cv-what's the point of APOB claiming he is the best he has ever trained if a defeat of Kingston Hill is his career highlight.

I agree-he needs something special on his cv-what's the point of APOB claiming he is the best he has ever trained if a defeat of Kingston Hill is his career highlight.

Mill Reef: Epsom Derby, the Eclipse Stakes, the King George VI and Queen Elizabeth Stakes and the Prix de l'Arc de Triomphe. The day OAB does that with a horse in the future there will be a blue moon in the sky

The AOB of today through no fault of his own is all about BS, keeping risk of defeat to a minimum and stud value to a maximum.

No way will the Breeders or the Arc be on the radar imo

Won't have to be a Mill Reef to beat this lot though, Fist. Convincing wins here and in Ireland might just tempt them to go for the Arc, and no surprise to see him stay the trip better than Epsom, given he'll be that much older.
Telescope may well confirm form with Mukhadram, even over this shorter trip, but I doubt either will prove much of a threat to Australia.

Back