Juvenile Hurdlers 2014/2015

First ever apparently .........did she do show jumping in her younger days or go Tallyho ! chasing foxes?...........find it odd she'd bother getting into jumping unless she has some sort of love for it

Anyone keeping track on how the jubejubes are doing when they come up against older horses?

Bristol De Mai has now been gubbed twice in his two attempts against older novices when he was favoured on official ratings.

Could it be that the youngsters are over-rated (again, it seems)?

Anyone keeping track on how the jubejubes are doing when they come up against older horses?

Bristol De Mai has now been gubbed twice in his two attempts against older novices when he was favoured on official ratings.

Could it be that the youngsters are over-rated (again, it seems)?

I think yesterdays race that Glingerburn won is pretty smart compared with the earlier 2m race time..I wouldn't be too hard on BDM on that run tbh..

i think the winner is possibly a 160 horse..could be even better..so BDM has run well really. Not sure what happened at Sandown but that run yesterday is decent. Intense Tango is still improving...then just from handicapping perspective look where Medicine Hat finished then how far behind Top Notch he was

160 for a novice hurdler would win 90% of novice races at either the Cheltenham or Aintree or Punchestown festivals.

That's a pretty massive figure. I'll crunch the numbers later this week.

i didn't mean it definitely ran a 160 DO....more like potentially...but its certainly getting into that area..the times suggest a big figure but i'm trusting RP standards in that comparison:ninja:

the 2nd + 3rd will be worth watching i feel..Glingerburn is on the up.

i'll stick both on to watch list anyway

Last edited:
I really like Glingerburn he got huge potential but he is already 7 years old.

Minella Rocco looks to have even more going for him.

Jonjo must be thinking RSA 2016 for him already.

Minella looks like a future gold cup winner to me

Glingerburn had a couple of years off with injury
Being a Kings Theatre you would imagine he would be made for fences next season.

Glingerburn is a proper horse. he must be high 150's after yesterday with some sort of p attached.

He's not small but he's very quick as well. He is getting on though so unless he wins the Scottish Champion by 10 they will probably send him chasing next year.

To users of the 'Irish Racing' phone app:

Avoid a mild coronory episode, by ignoring the fact that they don't have Top Notch in their list of Triumph entries - he's included in every other Triumph list on the planet.

Last edited:
Top Notch is definitely the Al Ferof of the race and if immaturity sets in he'll be the one to take advantage of it...you backing him Grassy?

Just noticed Geraghty is confirmed on Peace & Co and Jacob on Top Notch. No confirmation yet for Hargam's jockey though. Any reason for this?

Surely AP rides Hargam?

Anyway, the closer we get to the race the more I like Kalkir and Petite Parisienne. I can see me getting quite heavily into one or both if there's a market without P&C.

Karezak has been a very useful yardstick to compare these against. His form runs through most of the contenders and I did like how Peace & Co went by him. Although most were a little disappointed with that run I like that piece of form better than his previous run.

This one has been a bit of a headspinner for me. Top Notch is difficult to get a handle on as is the Irish form. Hargam's bare form doesn't do it for me but I've heard some convincing arguments for big improvement back at Cheltenham on better ground, and Peace and Co whilst being visually impressive and hacking up on the bridle twice won't be able to do what he did at Cheltenham last time against better horses. Then there's the ultra consistent King pair of Karezak, who has excellent formlines and course form, and the less exposed Pain Au Chocolat, who looks full of potential but I'd thought King thought him to be more of an Aintree type.

I've finally nailed my colours although I'll wait until the day to back Peace and Co as I suspect there'll be a bit of drift, and I've backed Petite Parisienne each way as I've been convinced for some time she's the best of the Irish and she'll go close.

I still have a sneaking suspicion that Top Notch could be the one that got away though.

Last edited:
Top Notch was the last to come off my shortlist as well. I don't think there's as much improvement to come from him as others and the yard seem to think he's their 3rd string. I like Pain Au Chocolat as well. What do you make of Devilment? He seems to have improved somewhat after pushing PAC close in his first outing.

The 2 things that appeal most to me about Top Notch are his quick/slick hurdling and his temperament.
Less can go wrong with him than others ahead of him in market imo. I'm still happy to side with him at the prices.

What do you make of Devilment? He seems to have improved somewhat after pushing PAC close in his first outing.

Ferguson is going to have a winner sooner or later, but I reckon his best chance is earlier in the week.

I'd have Devilment's form in line with Karezak and Pain Au Chocolat. When he was beaten by the latter he was given too much to do. Lil Rockefella is the one to take a line through, and Pain Au Chocolat beat that one probably slightly more easily than Pain Au Chocolat did. Either way there's not be anyting between the two of them.

What sways me away from Devilment is that Hutchinson prefers Karezak to Pain Au Chocolat for this. And while it may have been a close call it was sufficient to use to take Devilment and Pain Au Chocolat out of the equation for me.

What sways me away from Devilment is that Hutchinson prefers Karezak to Pain Au Chocolat for this. And while it may have been a close call it was sufficient to use to take Devilment and Pain Au Chocolat out of the equation for me.

Hadn't considered that. Does he have any obligation with the owners?

Not as such but it could have been a consideration. Pain Au Chocolat is a Million In Mind horse, whereas Karezak is a McNeill horse who is a long standing owner with the yard.

If it was a close call he would most likely have sided with Karezak. I'm sure if he thought Pain Au Chocolat was a clear better chance he's have gone that way though.

I just don't think petite Parisienne will settle in the hustle and bustle of cheltenham.Same could be said of peace and co but he may just have a bit of special about him.Top notch impressed me last time,effortless action and settles beautifully,though from the vibes he seems to be third in line from NJH.Hargam looks to be improving and looks to be nice prospect for next year but I am nailing my to Beltor,trained by a Henderson or Mullins he'd be a third of the price he is now.

Back