K. Fallon's antics at Longchamp today

This debate is tiresome and boring. I know who's the clean ambassador for racing. You wouldn't catch him punching a horse on live TV, getting an 18 month ban for coke or being taken to the Old Bailey.

No, but you'd catch him getting a police caution for possession of cocaine.

Dettori has no aspirations to be Champion Jockey because he is settled down with a family. He is however, still top class as I've argued on here on numerous occasions.

He can be but when he rides in a handicap, like Kinane these days, you don't really feel like you got your moneys worth....

No, but you'd catch him getting a police caution for possession of cocaine.

True and there are plenty of rumours about his nearest and dearest but seriously, who's the public ambassador for flat racing in the weighing room who's charisma and racing talent are top drawer with little baggage?

Fair enough, Gamila. I've no contact with the sport other than the odd day at the races etc. The people who seem to not rate Fallon as a person/jockey/man (apart from the odd person here and there) are those closely involved in the sport and those who have been involved in ownership etc? Therefore they think they're perspective of what's right must be right? From a layperson's point of view, until Fallon abducts little boys or commits a serious crime that he is proved guilty of, I will only judge him by the way I judge him, a damn good jockey. I'm sorry about the horse who he abused, but it is my prerogative not to start putting 2 and 2 together and getting 7. Each to their own.

I think Frankie is often great but it really is hilarious that he is being painted whiter than white especially in terms of the "whose name has been linked in any way shape or form with drugs" stakes.

As Gareth says, it is a matter of public record that he was cautioned by the police for having a bootload of stash on his way to Newbury I think it was, several years ago admittedly. Then again, people seem to be judging Fallon entirely on the drug ban anyway so it's pretty much tit for tat. I shan't even get into the allegations about his nearest and dearest, or any concerning him for that matter.

Last edited:
As Gareth says, it is a matter of public record that he was cautioned by the police for having a bootload of stash on his way to Newbury I think it was, several years ago admittedly.
The apparent irony of Frankie's clean cut image isn't lost on me, but for the sake of accuracy, the "bootload of stash" was less than a gram of cocaine on his way home from a club, several years ago, in 1993.

As Gareth says, it is a matter of public record that he was cautioned by the police for having a bootload of stash on his way to Newbury I think it was, several years ago admittedly.

1993 according to his autobiog. Was on a night out in London and whilst "totally out of it" on drink was "persuaded to buy a tiny amount". He admits to taking some, then putting the rest in his pocket and forgetting all about it... until some hi-jinks later on got the attention of a couple of policemen.

Sorry, I seem to recall that he was found with a bootload of it in his car when being stopped on his way to the races.

On googling, I found that it was found in his boot; it was my recollection of the incident (hells bells, it was 16 years ago!) that was hazy but at least most of it was right. He was on his way to Newbury races I believe.

But still, it places him pretty much on a par with Fallon, for those that believe otherwise!

Well, next time we see Dettori punch, kick, whip - whatever - one his mounts just before loading it for a race, we'll have a great time denouncing him as well. Especially if he also gets tested positive for an illegal substance too.

As to babysitting one's kids, unless you knew either of them personally and could therefore make a proper judgement, it's an irrelevance, is it not ? :p

As to babysitting one's kids, unless you knew either of them personally and could therefore make a proper judgement, it's an irrelevance, is it not ?

I don't know, I'm stuck for Saturday, Frankie has enough of his own maybe I could just drop them off at this house.

On googling, I found that it was found in his boot; it was my recollection of the incident (hells bells, it was 16 years ago!) that was hazy but at least most of it was right. He was on his way to Newbury races I believe.
Have you got a link to that? If he was found with drugs in his boot on the way to the races, then that doesn't tally with the story myself and Gareth have referenced.

Back