Kauto Star.

mark

At the Start
Kauto Star may well run at Aintree this coming week-end, connections of the aforementioned are concerned about the ground which thus far is good, so what are the ground staff at Liverpool going to do ? water the track, do you not think this smacks of favouritism ? connections of his opponents are seemingly quite happy with underfoot conditions but Aintree does not want to lose it's main attraction. :suspect:

A case of the track must be exactly how Paul Nicholl's wants or Kauto Star does not run, and of course, Paul Nicholl's wishes must be met, a wee bit laughable don't you think. :D

Originally posted by Gareth Flynn@Oct 23 2007, 12:01 AM
Could be worse; they could set the conditions of the race to suit him.
Many a true word has been spoken in jest my friend. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

KAUTO FAVOURITE TO STAR ON SUNDAY
By Keith Hamer, PA Sport

Kauto Star is 7-4 favourite with Coral to make a winning seasonal debut in the bonusprint.com Old Roan Chase at Aintree on Sunday.

An all-star entry of 18 has been received for the limited handicap over two and a half miles, which Paul Nicholls' charge won 12 months ago before going on to win the Cheltenham Gold Cup.

Coral put in Monet's Garden as 9-4 second-favourite, with Gold Cup runner-up Exotic Dancer 3-1 and My Way De Solzen 4-1.

"If all the leading fancies take their chance at Aintree, Sunday's race could be a classic, and although Kauto Star may not be favoured by the race conditions, we still favour the reigning champion to maintain his winning run," said Coral's David Stevens.

Ground conditions at the Liverpool venue are likely to dictate whether the jumping superstar makes his eagerly-awaited reappearance, with a dry forecast prompting concern in his camp.

His owner Clive Smith told At The Races: "We know there is no rain forecast, which is one thing we didn't want to here. It's is good ground at the moment, I believe, but we want to see a bit more rain.

"He'll run very well, I'm sure, on good ground. You are just aware of the jarring up effect, which is what we don't want.

"Paul's head lad Clifford Baker thinks he has improved in his appearance and he is going up the hill at Paul's well. He's in excellent shape."

Old Roan Chase, Coral bet: 7-4 Kauto Star, 9-4 Monet's Garden, 3-1 Exotic Dancer, 4-1 My Way De Solzen, 9-1 Ashley Brook, 16-1 Monkerhostin, 33-1 Hi Cloy, 40-1 Too Forward, 66-1 bar. end

Originally posted by jairducochetfan@Oct 23 2007, 09:52 PM
This race could cut up badly and there might be value in taking a few of the outsiders at the prices they are now.
No point. Monet's wins. :D

I'm with Mounty. In the absence of MWDS, the contest must surely be Monet's Garden's for the taking. The race conditions will suit him perfectly; he is receiving the best part of a stone and a half from Kauto Star [who won't be fully wound up], track, ground, trip are all in his favour and he runs well first time out.

Well the main players turn up bar MWDS…..from the Sportinglife

Kauto Star heads a small but select field of five in a fascinating renewal of the Bonusprint.com Old Roan Chase at Aintree on Sunday.
Last season's Betfair Million winner makes his reappearance in a contest he won 12 months ago on his way to an unbeaten six-race campaign, culminating in the Cheltenham Gold Cup.
Paul Nicholls' ace has to give weight all round in the two-and-a-half-mile limited handicap - although most of the inferior opposition has been frightened away.
He has to give 7lb to Jonjo O'Neill's Exotic Dancer, who finished runner-up to Kauto Star in the King George VI Chase and the Gold Cup but won four important chases last term.
The Nicky Richards-trained Monet's Garden and Kevin Bishop's Ashley Brook, who receive 14lb and 16lb respectively from Kauto Star, are other classy rivals.
Completing the quintet is a second Nicholls runner, Le Volfoni, who is 12lb out of the handicap.

First outing of the season, giving such weight to some classy rivals, i think odds are against Kauto. It will make brilliant viewing though. My money is on Monets Garden

Have backed Kauto Star @ 2.5, looks a clear odds on shot to me today, it won't be above evens in any more races this season.

I can't see any of these seeing which way he goes.

looked to have a hard race for a horse that was supposed to be short of fitness though..very hard last 4 furlongs trying to claw the leader back..not my idea of an "prep" race for the future.

looked to me to be ridden as though fit and expected to pick the winner up by Walsh...not really sure what to make of this fitness stuff. would you want a horse not fully fit to be given that hard a race?

ED..as we discussed weeks ago always gets beat FTO..no surprise there

I thought Monets Garden was really tired too and that Ashley Brook had them cooked.

Kauto Star is a horse who doesnt start to take a hold until he is put into the race. He might not have had a hard a race as Ruby did.

I wasnt impressed with Kauto Star today. Thought MG was legless from the turn in, and KS looked to be running through treacle. Never travelled or jumped today with hte style of last year. Even when getting close over the final three fences, all looked very laboured. I had KS as unbeatable off levels before today's race, not anymore. I hope we haven't seen the best of him. Connections of Denman should be very happy with themselves.

I think we saw 4 horses that were 80% fit being given races as if they were 100% fit. It was all very laboured for Kauto Star today and he ran the complete opposite sort of race to what he usually does, I could have understood it if he travelled well and just blew up towards the end, but he was struggling from a circuit to go and to blame it on the trip as Nicholls seems to have done can't be right for a horse that won a Tingle creek less than a year ago. The race unsurprisingly seems to have thrown up more questions than answers.

Very odd race, dont know what to make of it. I thought Kauto had Monets Garden turning in who I agree was legless for the last two furlongs.

Back