Kauto Star

The major, almost fatal flaw, in your arguement Grey was to assume Robert Hall knows anything about racing, or form.

In fairness, Hall does a fairly decent job fronting the coverage for the most part IMO.

I'd certainly rather listen to him than Ted Walsh anyway (admittedly, that isn't exactly high praise!)

In fairness, Hall does a fairly decent job fronting the coverage for the most part IMO.

I'd certainly rather listen to him than Ted Walsh anyway (admittedly, that isn't exactly high praise!)

Agreed, he's a bit dizzy (he was blond I suppose) but he doesn't try and pretend his word is Gospel like the other fella.

Ran much better than his finishing position suggests I thought BTW. I thought he set a fairly decent gallop, which was rather surprising given that there was always a doubt about his ability to get the trip, especially on soft ground. What's more, he put in a decent round of jumping before blatantly failing to stay the trip.

Still not a horse I like to be honest, but it was a decent run.

Knight Legend has had a wind operation following his third to Kauto Star in the JNwine.com Champion Chase at Down Royal on Saturday.
Jessica Harrington's nine-year-old jumped along nicely in front before fading in the closing stages, eventually beaten 22 lengths by the former Cheltenham Gold Cup winner.
Normally campaigned over two and a half miles it could be that he simply didn't stay the three mile trip in the soft conditions, but Harrington felt an operation was necessary following the run.
She said "He has had a small op on his wind. He's had a palate done and we are just tidying that up and he'll run over here again just before Christmas.

"Maybe he didn't stay but now we've done a job on him we'll see. A drop in trip next time could be a possibility."

Back