Kicking King Retired

So are you saying Azertyuiop was entitled to beat them both by 24+l, but we should ignore where they finished because you'd decided pre-race Azertyuiop was best at 2m.

P.S. I retired from this thread 25 mins ago. I feel like Sugar Ray Leonard.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by clivex
Sometimes wonder if you get chasing DJ :)

Regularly Clive and by 3 pm most afternoons, 2pm in winter!

im talking about Nh racing...not when the school gates close

I certainly dont think that Azertyuiop collapsed in a heap in the King George. He was there with a shot after the mistake at the last if my fading memory is correct. He went from on the bridle but 6l down to off the bridle and unable to keep up, but its not as if he fell in a hole. He would have been good enough to win a king george without KK in the race.

And Kauto Star and Best Mate did NOT run in a race following their victories in the Gold Cup.

yes they did I think you'll find. You need to say what you mean..

Last edited:
And Kauto Star and Best Mate did NOT run in a race following their victories in the Gold Cup.

So what was that at Down Royal then? A fcking mirage

if you mean same season..then say so. As a criteria of a fine chaser i can hardly see how thats relevant. Kautos GC season was awesome, not even closely matched by KK's season (fine as it was) and Denman won a Hennessey on the way to his. in a style weve rarely seen

In the same season being the point, right?

Surely, that goes without saying. Does anyone understand racing shorthand anymore? They werent roughed off after the gold cup.

Seriously, does it really need to be explained that Best Mate and Kauto Star both raced after their gold cup wins.

Seriously.

Last edited:
Seriously, does it really need to be explained that Best Mate and Kauto Star both raced after their gold cup wins.

Would appear so before you backtracked and claimed you meant same season

I thought we were writing in English myself so I presumed you meant KS and BM hadn't raced after their Gold Cup's.

Where do I get a copy of this shorthand stuff? :)

Like so many horses before him, the Gold Cup knocked the stuffing out of him. Think only him and WOA have raced after winning the Gold Cup since the turn of the century.

See More Business, the last British bred winner of the Gold Cup raced properly after his Gold Cup. He was older than most too, being 9 at the time and having been carried out the year before. I think he would have won it in 2001. He was in the form of his life that year. Even the following year when he was getting on quite a bit he was a very good 3rd behind Best Mate.

I loved Kicking King. I think he had a lot of class and except for that well known blunder in the KG he seemed to jump fast and accurately.

But I did not think he was showing his old sparkle since coming back. Was running okay but when you have a horse who has won the KG and the GC okay is just not good enough.

I hope he gets a good home.

It was obvious to anyone who thought about it for more than 5 seconds what Garney meant, especially when he made the point in reference to how Kicking King never got over his Gold Cup season. Clive and Andrew: grow the f*** up.

Gareth,
Are you serious? No emoticon ..

If yes, watch what you say .. not on. You even asked yourself, if you care to check.

Is humour banned as well as debate?

Sorry Clivex. I would expect anyone who is conversant in horse racing to know what was meant. One of the best things about this place is that you generally dont have to dumb things down. A certain level of intelligence is assumed. Those who know anything about racing know that every horse (bar Denman) has in fact raced since their gold cup wins.

Having to explain this makes me sad. Of course, Andrew Hurley joins in after the shenanigans of yesterday.

It was obvious to anyone who thought about it for more than 5 seconds what Garney meant, especially when he made the point in reference to how Kicking King never got over his Gold Cup season. Clive and Andrew: grow the f*** up.

Thanks Gareth. I know what you were trying to do as would anyone with intelligence. Something that seems to be in short supply around here.

Sorry Clivex. I would expect anyone who is conversant in horse racing to know what was meant. One of the best things about this place is that you generally dont have to dumb things down. A certain level of intelligence is assumed. Those who know anything about racing know that every horse (bar Denman) has in fact raced since their gold cup wins.

Having to explain this makes me sad. Of course, Andrew Hurley joins in after the shenanigans of yesterday.

Garney,

I thought you had made a mistake upon reading it;as the thread continued I've seen what you meant. If you can't take a pinch of humour about it, then that really is your problem. Grow up and leave other threads out of this one.

Thanks Gareth. I know what you were trying to do as would anyone with intelligence. Something that seems to be in short supply around here.

Garney,

Get back on thread and leave personal comments out of it.

Back