King George VI And QE Stakes

Had he been trained by a Frenchman rather than an ex England footballer I suspect he would have won the Arc.

Originally posted by Warbler@Jun 24 2008, 08:02 PM
Had he been trained by a Frenchman rather than an ex England footballer I suspect he would have won the Arc.
Not sure how you work that one out Warbler myself

Twice Youmzain has faced Getaway and twice he's finished behind him and the reason for that, is nothing to do with trainer ability imo

Originally posted by Euronymous@Jun 23 2008, 12:30 PM

Thoughts? I`d be surprised if New Approach turns up and with fast ground a real possibility i`d be against SoF.

Just a query Euro

Can you explain why your against SoF, he is the best horse in race imo

Originally posted by Shadow Leader@Jun 23 2008, 08:44 PM
Arrgggghhhh, what is the obsession people on here have with bloody Youmzain??? Worse than that, the eternal notion that he's overpriced for every race he rus in, which he inevitably goes on to not win!!
HI SL

Duke of Marmalade is 8-1, he is unproven over this trip, Youmzain is 21 and proven, as stated above he has beaten Getaway twice, who is 7-1

Which horse is overpriced?????

I'm not interested in Youmzain's price in context with other horses, I'm interested (or not!) in the cries of supposed overpricing of Youmzain in his last several races. He is, to me, a perennial loser and not the type of horse that will ever carry my money as he always finds at least one too good.

Who do you work for SL???

I'll open an account ready for this race if your going to lay 21 Youmzain

Originally posted by Charlie D+Jun 24 2008, 08:31 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Charlie D @ Jun 24 2008, 08:31 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Warbler@Jun 24 2008, 08:02 PM

Twice Youmzain has faced Getaway and twice he's finished behind him and the reason for that, is nothing to do with trainer ability imo [/b][/quote]
Surely that's twice Youmzain has finished in front of him?

The reference to the nationality of the trainer is purely a cynical one based on the very lengthy steward enquiry that was held into Dylan Thomas's victory. There were many a good judge who said that they'd take the race off him, and I seem to recall Youmzain traded odds on, before the stewards let Dylan keep the race. Now had it beena French horse in second shrug::

Originally posted by Shadow Leader@Jun 24 2008, 09:31 PM
I don't work for anyone who lays bets anymore!

Youmzain ain't gonna win.
OK SL

I don't think he's going to win either, but that does not mean he's not overpriced here

Originally posted by Warbler+Jun 24 2008, 09:28 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Warbler @ Jun 24 2008, 09:28 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by Charlie D@Jun 24 2008, 08:31 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-Warbler
@Jun 24 2008, 08:02 PM

Twice Youmzain has faced Getaway and twice he's finished behind him and the reason for that, is nothing to do with trainer ability imo
Surely that's twice Youmzain has finished in front of him?

The reference to the nationality of the trainer is purely a cynical one based on the very lengthy steward enquiry that was held into Dylan Thomas's victory. There were many a good judge who said that they'd take the race off him, and I seem to recall Youmzain traded odds on, before the stewards let Dylan keep the race. Now had it beena French horse in second shrug:: [/b][/quote]
:D Well spotted Warbler

Yes, i thought DT would lose race too and see what your getting at now fella

I'll get my coat

I'm bound to back the mighty Youmzain forevermore, as I was on at 95's to a reasonable amount in the arc, and will get some of that money by hook or crook!

I'll never forget that finish. Hum.

FWIW, I think he'll take all the beating in the King George IF .. Channon/Abdullah use their brains and enter a pacemaker. If you study his best efforts, these were where there was a very strong pace (King George, Arc, Coronation Cup).

You wonder what comes into Channon's head sometimes

Originally posted by Charlie D@Jun 25 2008, 02:27 PM
Books have DoM fav, Sof same as NA

Do this suggest SoF is going to be no show iyo
You'd think thats very likely, give him his summer break after Sunday with the Arc in mind.

Back