King George VI Chase

edgt

Senior Jockey
I see Shark Hanlon has entered Hewick for the race.
Ground dependant of course but he would make a proper race of it if back to form.
If he could book Bryony Frost it could bring a Festive Cheer to Boxing Day.
Imagine Shark and co hunting the wren that evening !

I don't like any of the market leaders for this. BMG needs to be fresh, it's the wrong track for Gerri and Allaho is just a no at the price.

I don't mind Hewick, The Real Whacker and even Pic D'orhy.

I don't like any of the market leaders for this. BMG needs to be fresh, it's the wrong track for Gerri and Allaho is just a no at the price.

Willie talking up Allaho....In to 3/1 everywhere...

Agree about Gerri. Could toil to lie up with them, and there are plenty of question marks about the others at the front-end of the market.

I took 10/1 Whacker yesterday, on the basis that he’s needed all his runs first time out, and he jumps like a stag. I wouldn’t say I was confident, but should get a decent enough spin round at the odds.

Last edited:
I am not a Hewick fan at all. Couldn't have him in my mind round Kempton.

Gerri is as though as they come but the class horse without a shadow of a doubt is Allaho.

His win the 3mil Punchestown Gold Cup was outstanding and a repeat of that doubt if they will see the way he went

Galway Plate winners don't win King George's Ed.

They are now aiming him too high because they don't have much choice off his mark

He's an in between horse with no where else to go

Last edited:
He was the first horse beaten when push came to shove and he fell..wouldn't have finished within 20 lengths of the winner.

The horse is a handicapper and his group form amounts to next to zero plain and simple.

Horse has traded as high as 120 on Betfair I suggest you drink your money if thinking about backing him ina race he has absolutely no chance in.

I thought the same about Frodon; as for Edredon Bleu ?
Hewick would make it a very interesting race Tanlic, and while a Galway Plate winner has yet to win a King George I do not remember too many who tried the double...

that's because most of the Galway winners would not even get in to a King George if it were a handicap

The likes of Gallopin carrying 11st 10 lbs Early Doors would have carried 8st 10 lbs

that's because most of the Galway winners would not even get in to a King George if it were a handicap

The likes of Gallopin carrying 11st 10 lbs Early Doors would have carried 8st 10 lbs

Very little in it in terms of prize money and when travel expenses are taken into account an Irish trained horse would be better off winning the Galway Plate.

Not surprising.

Bravemansgame won it last year but he beat Royale Pigaille who has more off days then not and Frodon who also has 2 ways of running.

Since then he's been not beaten but well and truly stuffed 3 times. There's just nothing to hang on to and to make me think that even PN can get more out of him than we have seen of late.

11/4 is a joke and I doubt if he will start 2nd favourite unless they start serving free Champagne to PN's supporters in the Kauto Star tent before racing.

Alloha and Gerri look certain to head the market and be involved in the finish and maybe Royal Pigaile can reverse places with Bravemansgame and take 3rd

Allaho in to 9/4 now and Gerri drifting like a barge

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gerri getting backed for the Savill's...looks like they've changed their mind and are staying home...

Big swings in King George market as new favourite takes charge after Gordon Elliott triggers panic....

Just last week his awesome 3m chaser was made 9-4 favourite for the big Christmas race.

But yesterday the Cullentra stables boss said plans for Gerri Colombe, a resolute galloper who stays all day, are still 'up in the air'.

And he hinted at concerns over the layout of the Surrey track, admitting: "Everyone says Kempton's too tight."

That has led to a surge of support for Willie Mullins' Allaho.

The dual Ryanair winner is now the 2/1 fav

Last edited:
Allaho has been "all the rage" in the Ladbrokes King George VI Chase market according to bookmakers, who slashed him to 9-4 favourite (from 3) after Willie Mullins confirmed Kempton's Boxing Day highlight was the target for the four-time Grade 1 winner.

Owned by Cheveley Park, the nine-year-old made a successful return in the Clonmel Oil Chase last month, winning by nine lengths. He missed all of last season and Ireland's champion trainer insisted the King George was the target over the Savills Chase at Leopardstown, which he also holds an entry for.

Allaho has been electric in his last two visits to Britain, landing the 2021 Ryanair Chase with a 12-length win over Fakir D'oudairies and striking by an even wider margin in the same race the following season.

Mullins, who has scored at Kempton with Florida Pearl (2001) and Tornado Flyer (2021), said: "At the moment, it looks like Allaho will go for the King George. We'll see how he works over the next week but the plan is to go to Kempton."

The nine-time winner was 6-4 ante-post favourite for the King George last season before suffering a setback a month before the race. He has shortened as Gerri Colombe, who was backed into 2-1 last week, is now a doubt to appear at Kempton while defending champion Bravemansgame has been described as "friendless" in the betting.

Unibet, who trimmed Allaho to 2-1 following sustained support, are forecasting his price to shorten ahead of next Tuesday. The firm's head of racing Ed Nicholson said: "Allaho has been all the rage in the last few days. We laid a few fair bets on him at 11-4 on Saturday and he's now our 2-1 favourite. With doubts around some of the other fancied contenders running, it wouldn't be a surprise to me that come the day Allaho could go off close to evens.

Setback for Gentlemansgame, who will miss Savills. Has to make it even more likely Gerri stays home for Christmas.

Last edited:
Back