King George VI Chase

Obviously has his chance if jumping off and fit enough (Hendo reckons he’ll be fine on that score), but you could hardly back him with any confidence.

I’m still a little sceptical about him truly getting 3m, tbh. He looked like a stayer at Aintree, but there’s a part of me thinks that Ahoy Senor is maybe just not that hard a horse to go past.

Townend reportedly coming over to Kempton to ride Allaho, rather than ride at Leopardstown. Would suggest some degree of confidence in the horse, you’d think.

Townend reportedly coming over to Kempton to ride Allaho, rather than ride at Leopardstown. Would suggest some degree of confidence in the horse, you’d think.

Two Grade 1's at Kempton...Just the one at Leopardstown. A no-brainer...

Is it? He won’t get a ride in the Christmas Hurdle, and for all that Allaho has a big chance in the KG, does it have any better a chance than Facile Vega would in the 2m novice chase?

I can’t see that it’s a no-brainer, but I could understand him wanting to get a King George onto his dance-card.

Obviously has his chance if jumping off and fit enough (Hendo reckons he’ll be fine on that score), but you could hardly back him with any confidence.

I’m still a little sceptical about him truly getting 3m, tbh. He looked like a stayer at Aintree, but there’s a part of me thinks that Ahoy Senor is maybe just not that hard a horse to go past.
Reckon he jibbed at the blinds lto,and wouldn't go near him wearing them.
Jury's out on his stamina,imo.

Is it? He won’t get a ride in the Christmas Hurdle, and for all that Allaho has a big chance in the KG, does it have any better a chance than Facile Vega would in the 2m novice chase?

I can’t see that it’s a no-brainer, but I could understand him wanting to get a King George onto his dance-card.

Isn't the Kempton Novice Chase a Grade 1 too?

Klassical Dream in the Feltham gives him a 2nd Grade 1 ride

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He has the choice of two in the Kauto star Nov Chs...

Tbf the first day of the Leopardstown meeting looks the weakest of the 4 days

Right that they are coming over, it's a winter game and the King George is the most important staying chase of the Winter

Most of the greatest chasers of the last 60 years have either won it or ran in it

Just hope Gerri comes over, would love to see him in it

Just remember Shishkin is 4 from 4 at Kempton:ninja:

No one has mentioned Shishkin yet, is he really that forlorn a hope?

I'm not sure the Bowl form is up to much and outside of that you have to question if he's actually good enough for this.

Nicky is making all sorts of excuses for him before he goes to post none of which appear to hold much water.

I think like some of us he's not convinced he's as good as once thought.

That said such is the quality at Seven Barrows and the talent of the trainer any one of their horses can win when least expected.

With Gerri staying at home the face of the race has somewhat changed,

I am still with Allaho but the biggest dager could come from The Real Whacker.

Granted all his wins have come on the 2 stiifest tracks imaginable Carlisle and Cheltenham

That could prevent him from winning but if the pace is as strong as normal most as usual will be left floundering
and wont get the trip but he will be running on at the finish.

Could be worth a forecast

Allaho
The Real Whacker

I am still with Allaho but the biggest dager could come from The Real Whacker.

Granted all his wins have come on the 2 stiifest tracks imaginable Carlisle and Cheltenham

Cheltenham's Old Course isn't stiff at all Tanlic. Constantly on the turn and relatively sharp. The Real Whacker won 3 times on the old course last season including over two and half miles. It's his pace and ability to jump off the front that wins him his races, something that is often an asset at Kempton, as it is on the Old Course. I'm sure they'll attempt to do that on Boxing Day. Whilst I think he'll fall short in that company, I don't think it'll be the course that beats him.

A great choice.
He is one of the best jockeys riding and his instinct for pace, either from front or behind is top class.
From a West Cork parish near Noel Fehily's home who I believe has been a great help to him.

Gerri going to Leopardstown and Royal Pagaille unlikely to run given the ground so only 6 runners

Going already good to soft with very little rain forecast and breezy as well, will be good ground i reckon

Should be interesting despite that, but it’s always a shame to see a flagship race with so few runners. You’d have thought people would be keen to be represented even if they only had a small chance of winning.

Royale Pagaille has a sore foot and doesn’t run. Probably would have been taken out anyway

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gerri going to Leopardstown and Royal Pagaille unlikely to run given the ground so only 6 runners

Going already good to soft with very little rain forecast and breezy as well, will be good ground i reckon
Will suit Bravemansgame admirably & both trainer & jock are making the right noises.

Back