King George

Hampered is a word I never follow, i dont also think 5lb really matters, weight is irrelevant at such a small amount.

Unlucky horses never reverse form and if you laid every horse that was under priced because it was considered unlucky the time before you would be quids in.

I put it that Taranis who got in close at the last was in fact idling in front and was just doing what he had to.

His performance in Ireland proved his ability to improve now aimed at 3m and he has alot more speed than Kauto Star, Exotic Dancer and Our Vic. The question is does he have enough class to make this speed orientated track play into his hands. He will be ridden forwards alongsides My way De Solzen and whilst they may set it up for Kauto to pick them off i fear that Our Vic's tendency to make mistakes continuously in his jumping and has a tendency to jump left handed which could be his undoing. I feel he will have too much to do when it really matters.

I expect Kauto Star to win, with My Way De Solzen and Taranis fight out 2nd and 3rd, Exotic Dancer for me may want slower ground and a stiffer test. Also the yards form has to be questioned at present.

Originally posted by chrisbeekracing@Dec 23 2007, 11:32 AM
weight is irrelevant at such a small amount.

Unlucky horses never reverse form.

Oh.

I had foolishly forgotten to factor these undisputed facts into my calculations.

I was wrong, you are right.

Profuse apologies.

Final Declarations:

Exotic Dancer (FR) (Sheepskin C/P)
A. P. McCoy
Hi Cloy (IRE) (Sheepskin C/P)
P. Carberry
Kauto Star (FR) (Tongue Strap)
R. Walsh
My Way de Solzen (FR)
Robert Thornton
Our Vic (IRE)
Timmy Murphy
Racing Demon (IRE)
G. Lee
Taranis (FR) (Tongue Strap)
Sam Thomas

Not sure that beating a non-stayer like Justified by just 5 lengths proves anything about Taranis over 3m.

I think TARANIS stays fine, its whether he is good enough that is the question of greater relevance. Chris would be right about him idling in front.

Taranis
not sure about staying
what I think is that he is not good enough.

about idling in front
I dont think so.

Our Vic lost the race when bumped 4 or 5 out,
I think Taranis was all out as was when winning the hcp hdl at sandown

Originally posted by Relkeel@Dec 22 2007, 11:10 PM
Shads, you are as wrong now about Our Vic as you were when you spouted that guff about him being just a handicapper prior to his Charlie Hall win. He is a class act and if (and I accept that it is quite a big "if") he comes back to his best, he is the 3rd best of these. With the Pipe yard in such great form, it's no surprise that the each way sharks have hoovered-up all the 20s and 25s
Oh, behave already, Relks.

Our Vic will not be in the two. Period.

(in fact I'd go so far as to say in the three, in fact in the four)

Be interesting to see how the market goes with him. Imagine he will be very strong and could be closer to 4/6 come the off.

The forecast is for the fog and mist to hang around but that it will become warmer, brighter and milder on Christmas Eve.

There is the potential for between two and five millimeters of rain on Christmas Day but on Boxing Day the forecast is for sunny spells and temperatures between 8 and 10 degrees.

Originally posted by Galileo@Dec 23 2007, 09:19 PM
Be interesting to see how the market goes with him. Imagine he will be very strong and could be closer to 4/6 come the off.
Stan James spokesman on the radio this evening saying that he's solid without much support? Or something to that effect, basically the markets been dominated by e/w money over the last month with Racing Demon, then Taranis and more recently this week, Our Vic all being backed. Can't help wondering if MWDS isn't the forgotten horse in this race but it's a watching race for me.

KS from MWDS from Our Vic

I think you are right Warbler, I've had a v small e/w on Our Vic at 14s - missed the bigger prices - and a small place bet on BF, but basically it's a 'no bet' race. Questions over the well-being/form of the Nicholls, JO'N, and Knight yards and over MWDS's form this season make this too tricky.

Will be a fascinating race to watch anyway, and I'll be interested to see what you speed boys make of it afterwards :D

We already have an angle on the Feltham :D as indeed we might on a couple at Limerick and Leopardstown. I'm loathed to back on the strength of a speed rating alone, but sometimes the figure is too good and the price big enough to tempt me.

It seems Kauto Star while obviously much respected he has so far gained to win the "hearts" of the British racing public...in comparison to the out pouring of joy and elation when Denman won the Hennessy. Perhaps this is the reason he is not shorter.

All the intended runners seem to me to be at about the right price - a race to watch and enjoy rather than to bet on.

Originally posted by uncle goober@Dec 26 2007, 10:47 AM
Theres a good chance that OUR VIC will jump quite markedly out to the left.
He did when winning the Reynoldstown, but it's been pointed out to me that he has an excellent record right handed so it remains to be seen. He surely isn't good enough to dominate this field and isn't the same horse when he can't do that imo.

If KS fecks up the odd fence lke he did last year i reckon ED will be close-up like he was at Haydock and will be better able to take advantage than he was in last years renewal. I took 9.4 awile ago an am quite confident.

I just have a strange feeling that Kauto Star is going to hit some of these fences here and maybe fall.

Wouldnt like to see it personally but just have a feeling it may happen.

Back