King George

What a horse - sitting here clapping and shouting :D
And well done all who pointed up Our Vic for 2nd :clap: :xmassnowgrin:

I don`t think they`ll be trying those tactics again on ED. Awesome performance from the winner, back into favouritism for the GC now. Can`t really see Walsh riding Denman at Cheltenham now.

Hope UG got a good photo of that amazing leap at the leap;

That will sell a million copies.

That jump was something special. Full tank of petrol.

I'm happy to eat my words about him now, he is an absolute machine.

Very true in relation to Exotic Dancer, in my opinion he has been seen at best when coming from behind, even coming from behing Kauto Star in recent months.

I think next time they meet they will go back to putting Exotic Dancer behind Kauto Star in the running and try and come from behind late on.

Originally posted by Gaz's Way De Solzen@Dec 26 2007, 02:44 PM

I think next time they meet they will go back to putting Exotic Dancer behind Kauto Star in the running and try and come from behind late on.
It was a bold move, but ultimately Haydock was his only chance to beat KS, when the machine was a good 5/6 lbs below his best.

Ratings wise Kauto Star has to be up there at the same level as Dessie now.

How fickle the racing public is!!! Now its all back in favour of Kauto Star.....Denman and Kauto Star are still the same horses as a week ago when so many were suggesting Denman would win a match up?!

Kauto Star showed today he is in the same level he was last year, it was an improved effort from his last Haydock win.
He is a machine but vulnerable for me at Cheltenham.

what is sure now is that ruby will ride him at Cheltenham in March.

I wasn`t here a week ago, but i remember expressing surprise after the Hennessey when i saw the GC market. Denman is a hell of a horse, but still unproven until he wins in open company, especially when his price for Cheltenham is taken into account.

Originally posted by Galileo@Dec 26 2007, 01:54 PM
How fickle the racing public is!!! Now its all back in favour of Kauto Star.....Denman and Kauto Star are still the same horses as a week ago when so many were suggesting Denman would win a match up?!
Well new performances shed new light on the opinion. This was a huge improvement through a line with Exotic, by (on) all accounts.

heard that taranis is taken to clinic.

Regarding the other horses...

Exotic Dancer- Brave move and I suppose they had to try something new but it cost them second place probably.

My Way De Solzen- Definitely something wrong there...I was a little concerned this week to hear how much emphasis his trainer was putting on the amount of work the horse was doing. He was beaten after a couple of furlongs.

Racing Demon- ran his race but jumping still an issue and in the Ryanair Chase it will be exposed.

Our Vic- confirmed what many thought here that he was a super price on his first run back. Ran a sound race. If I owned him I would leave him fresh now until Cheltenham...he is that sort of horse.

Originally posted by Galileo@Dec 26 2007, 03:00 PM

Our Vic- confirmed what many thought here that he was a super price on his first run back. Ran a sound race. If I owned him I would leave him fresh now until Cheltenham...he is that sort of horse.
Madness going for the Gold Cup though. The Ryanair is there for the taking imo.

I love My Way De Solzen, is my favourite horse, i just hope his run at Haydock hasn't bottomed him out, didn't seem to be travelling at all well today.

Just hope everything is ok with him and may need a drop back in distance i feel.

In terms of betting for the Gold Cup, Denman is too short for me. He has been impressive in his races and more recently in the Hennessy, but like their trainer states - Kauto Star has done it and Denman has it all to prove.

Kauto Star deserves to be the short price that he is for the Gold Cup, he has been there before, done that, and won the race. Denman has been impressive, but has a lot to prove still.

Sam says he pulled Taranis up because he thought he had done a muscle, and when pulled up horse was distressed. So they took him to clinic for assessment - no word yet. Fingers crossed he is okay. If he pulled a muscle the pain would have caused distress, hope that is all it is. Wonderful horse T-Rex. :(

Kauto pure gold. Think we can now say as good as Dessie.

Taranis has done a leg - career but not life threatening acc Nicholls, reported on ch 4

Can;t wait to see Denman v Kauto, but I've always thought Kauto would win the match and now I'm certain. I've never seen one like him

Back