Ladbrokes World Hurdle - Build Up

• Thread starter Thread starter Bruce_Savage
  • Start date Start date
B

Bruce_Savage

Ladbrokes-World-Hurdle-001.jpg

Who can dethrone Big Bucks?

What's the thoughts guys? how are we going to try and get Big Bucks beaten this year, an almost impossible task unless something is lurking under the radar.

I hope Willie Mullins aims So Young for the Ladbrokes World Hurdle, unlike Grand Crus last year I do believe this son of Lavirco has the potential to beat Big Bucks at Cheltenham this year - anyone know if he's going to be aimed for it?

Really want to bet him for the race, any ideas of the odds please?

Thank you Colin, that sounds a fair price - do you know who this is with?

Do you have any thoughts on the race Colin?

The form of most of his races amounts to nothing. It's like watching a heavyweight boxer take on sub standard opposition time and time again. Boring.

He's won three and he'll win three more. What I couldn't believe is why some bookmakers had him at odds-against for a while last month, hence why I put him in my ante-post competition selections. I think that even if So Young was a good bit better than Grands Crus then he still wouldn't beat Big Buck's. The horse only pulls out as much as he needs to and it's impossible to know how good he really is.

What a load of crap - appreciate him for the great horse he is . It is not his fault that every horse that takes him on gets murdered by him .

What a load of crap - appreciate him for the great horse he is . It is not his fault that every horse that takes him on gets murdered by him .

There is nothing in the formbook to suggest anything BUT them getting slaughtered by him.

If I owned the horse I would want him campaigned in exactly the same way but away from the festival there are very few moments where your heartbeat increases.

If I owned the horse I would want him campaigned in exactly the same way but away from the festival there are very few moments where your heartbeat increases.

If you owned the horse you or any of the rest of us wouldn't be scratching around looking for 25/1 shots in Novice Handicaps at Towcester!

I'm not saying he should be campaigned any differently. Just don't expect me to read Alastair Down wax lyrical for 300 words about how brilliant him beating tress is.

After Ascot
I think Oscar Whisky is more a Champion Hurdle horse than a Stayers one

but HEnderson has Binocular, Spirit Son and Grandouet.

I agree Steve.

If he were mine, he'd farm all those valuable staying hurdles at home. Plenty pickings to be had in Ireland, without running against Big Buck's for second-place money. He's very smart and probably is under-rated.

Back