Ladbrokes World Hurdle - Build Up

• Thread starter Thread starter Bruce_Savage
  • Start date Start date
Reve de Sivola looks nailed on unless Peddlers Cross returns to form.
don't think anything looks "nailed on" for this. seems wide open.

cleeve will be a big pointer tomorrow. reve de sivola in final decs. oscar whisky in as well. also have horses like carruthers, kauto stone & walkon switching back from chasing to take part. possibly to see if they can be live contenders for the big one in march?

Surprised King isn't aiming Walkon at the Ryanair. Has a place chance if the likes of Cue Card, Finian's Rainbow and First Lieutenant go elsewhere.

I laid Oscar Whisky today... I would not lay him for the World Hurdle.

I still maintain he's not a festival horse but he wouldn't need to be to beat today's winner given better ground....He's bound to see the trip out better on goodish ground ....I can't believe he's not fav.

have a e/w bet on oscar @ 25/1

will be hoping for decent ground now because if its soft i think they'll just skip it and go to aintree

I laid Oscar Whisky today... I would not lay him for the World Hurdle.

I still maintain he's not a festival horse but he wouldn't need to be to beat today's winner given better ground....He's bound to see the trip out better on goodish ground ....I can't believe he's not fav.

NR/nb will be comfortable fav.as much as I'd like to see him in the champion hurdle from the front he will be tough to beat on goodish ground.

Oscar Whisky was dynamite in December over 2m 5f in a bog . He doesn't quite stay . I hope they skip the Festival - on today's form he is nowhere near as good a horse over 3 miles. He would have won by half the track over 2m 5f .

........and the proximity of horses the first 2 should have murdered, in 3rd and 4th
The pace was poor, even in those conditions, and they didn't start racing properly until the 2nd last. That Knockara Beau (14lbs wrong) was able to lead all the way, and still be in contention at the last, suggests it wasn't near the stamina test it might have been.

It can only be a preconceived idea of likely stamina that can lead to the conclusion Oscar Whisky didn't stay today.

he stayed..they all stay 4 miles..but he don't stay as well as he does at 2m5..so you have a choice..run him at a trip where he will win 9/10 times..or one that he will win 1/10 times..and in the 9/10 he will beat the best at that trip..1/10 will get beat by horses he would thrash over shorter ...if he were mine i know which way i'd be going.

Óscar Whisky didnt travel as well as he should have yesterday,
This years world hurdle looks a very weak edition and should be ridden moré positively to have a winning chance.

In the light of BG's comments that OW was flat I think it makes it more likely that he will stay . I was not convinced by his performance on Saturday as he failed to pick up or travel in the second part of the race as one would have expected had a horse of his class stayed .

If he wasn't right then that is the prime suspect for Saturday's performance rather than stamina or ground .

Whatever Big Bucks would surely have been a certainty again - a horse he cantered all over in November now is probably the soundest bet for the race .

and meade is right. the two favs at the moment have beaten an average mare by 6l despite going hell for leather.

Back