Ladbrokes World Hurdle - Build Up

• Thread starter Thread starter Bruce_Savage
  • Start date Start date
In that case maybe you can give me an idea of the downhill gradient after the turn for home?
I think you'll find it's downhill almost all the way but undulating from the top of the hill until they are level with the 2nd last fence then it begins to rise gradually about 60 yds before the last hurdle but I fail to see why someone would be so picky as it really wasn't the point of my post..........didn't know you were more interested in topography than you are in racing ya fuss pot!!! ;0) perhaps I should have said downhill and round the home bend ..you ok with that?

Last edited:
As a matter of interest a well known now retired jockey once told me Kelso, Carlisle and Towester are much stiffer especially the latter. He reckoned its the undulations at Cheltenham that take so much out of horses on the way round that they are goosed by the time they jump the last. That actual hill is not a stiff as you might imagine.

Last edited:
I know that Cape Tribulation has started what could be a decent chasing career but he might have a chance in this. Acts on the course, stays, and has the ability and will to pull out more.

As a matter of interest a well known now retired jockey once told me Kelso, Carlisle and Towester are much stiffer especially the latter. He reckoned its the undulations at Cheltenham that take so much out of horses on the way round that they are goosed by the time they jump the last. That actual hill is not a stiff as you might imagine.

Anyone who walks up that hill will know it is stiff enough even if it is hardly Towcester .

I thought he was a real star of the future over fences so it's surprising to see him strutting his stuff over hurdles again. He was awesome in his first 2 chases beating Flemanstar and S Paddy put of sight then for some reason it all went wrong.

I thought these hurdle races were to boost his confidence and then go back to chasing.

Does anyone know if that is the case or is he sticking to hurdling?

A Horse with his engine could easily win the World Hurdle, wouldn't be the biggest surprise ever if he did.

Last edited:
I wonder if they'll miss Cheltenham and aim for the Aintree Hurdle? Hurdled really well today and won a tad cosily I thought.

Swerving Chelts a distinct possibility, Aragorn, though connections may be tempted to run if the ground has some juice in it. It's a trip into the unknown stamina-wise, but the way he travels, you would think he get it, and he's never given the impression he's getting near the end if his tether in his runs over 2m4f.

A great horse, deservedly back in the winners enclosure regardless of where he goes next.

Stayed well on the flat so he probably will get the trip but I wonder if waiting for Aintree wouldn't be the smarter option; not if you've backed him for the World Hurdle though!

I have been a fan of Solwhit in the past
but I dont see the angle of him winning the World Hurdle
He posted a 150 nce today, but I dont think he is good enough let alone staying the distance, I dont think he will even run in the World Hurdle

Had a speculative bet on Smad Place before xmas only for him to dissapoint in his 2 runs so far this season. Noticed he doesnt have an entry for the Cleeve this weekend.
I understand connections had plans to go chasing in the future. Have they given up on the world hurdle or is he simply by-passing the Cleeve?

Back