League Of Neightions Cheltenham Festival Comp

Diamond Geezer

Gone But Not Forgotten
Won't be attending the Festival this year owing to my wife's poor health and as I do not bet need something to give me an interest so I am proposing to run a League Of Neightions competition similar to the Galway / Goodwood one I did last July with players from TH and FF.

So I can prepare the spreadsheet can I invite interested parties to register on here and nominate which team you wish to play for out of England, Scotland, Ireland, Wales and Rest Of The World. No limit to number of players in a team but nearer the time we may split into A and B teams etc if one country has loads more players than the others or indeed create an extra team representing another country. A degree of flexibility may be required as to which country you represent too.

Within the team competition we will run an individual competition too as we did in July.

No idea about prizes but even without we will hopefully recreate the craic we had last time.

Will post the rules nearer the time but basically £1 win on each selection and £2 on nap each day.

Last edited:
I'll put up a prize for the winning team.

It will take the form of a £10 Ante-Post Yankee which must be bet on the four All-Aged Championship races at the 2015 Cheltenham Festival. The Captain of the winning team to have the deciding vote on selections - which must be made prior to the Aintree meeting.

Any returns are to be split as follows;

20% to Col for site upkeep/upgrade
80% to be split evenly between members of the winning Neightion, including any B-Team members.

I'll row-in with the Jocks.

Scots / Irish /Russian /Yid born in Clapton England. Put me in anywhere and I'll assimilate.

Ireland
Once Cully or Grey don't break laptop on Betfair after the Beehive....
I promise to say sober this year ( for now anyway)

I think our selections will have to be made before we even get near Cheltenham. Or maybe we should enter a Leckhampton Road team?

Last edited:
The ROW please Roger.

With An Cappall and Swedish Chef already declared, Grassy and Granger will already be suffering from The FEAR!

Back