League Of Neightions Cheltenham Festival Comp

Come on and join in the fun. The ROW'ers need a bit more competition to make it interesting. It's going to be oh so easy otherwise. I like the look of our strengh in depth line up to date , the volunteers for the 'other' countries appear somehow, and i don't know how else to put it, weak.

So far we have

England 10 players

Ireland 11 players ( but Jakers will play for anyone but England)

Wales 7 players

Scotland 5 players

Rest Of World 6 players

Total 39 players, let's try and make it 50

I'm upset with Scotland's display in the 6 nations and every year I glance at their odds to win the triple crown and the Grand Slam. Also I once attended Celtic Park for a Champion League game and one of better mates is a Celtic die hard.

I'd like to defect to Scotland please.

Last edited:
I'm upset with Scotland's display in the 6 nations and every year I glance at their odds to win the triple crown and the Grand Slam. Also I once attended Celtic Park for a Champion League game and one of better mates is a Celtic die hard.

I'd like to defect to Scotland please.

I suppose you have an inordinate fondness for shortbread too

Teenage-schoolgirls-stand-006.jpg

I've other links to the country too.

We now have forty players so the five teams of eight will be as follows, I will do a draw for who will be Captain when I post the rules up

RestOfWorldTeam_zpsb84dae45.jpg

ScotlandTeam_zps84c605b5.jpg

WalesTeam_zps9f154928.jpg

IrelandTeam_zpsb27064ea.jpg

EnglandTeam_zps0b7311c2.jpg

Sorry. My computer messed up. I thought you needed more players. Put me down as 1st reserve then!

You can take my place Bear. I'm away to Dublin that week with the Mrs. and what with all that and everything going on might not be up to it. St.Paddy's week and Chelters it's a riot. Good Luck.

Soz to be a drama queen-no offence Max- but I've just got a tablet and can now post from the pubs in Dublin when wi-fied. I cant be arsed with the mob -too small and my fingers are like sausages.
So I'm back in if not excluded from the team!

Anymore entries ?

Currently 42 players including The Bear and Jim Bowen so at the moment have five teams of eight and two more to start another team, if no more interest will prune the teams and we will have seven teams of six players.

Any more entries ?

Currently 42 players including The Bear and Jim Bowen so at the moment have five teams of eight and two more to start another team, if no more interest will prune the teams and we will have seven teams of six players.

Will put the rules up on a new thread on which the selections must be made about seven days prior to the Festival , giving anyone coming to Cheltenham the chance to put their selections up before they leave home if that's what they wish. I will then close this thread.

Back