Leopardstown Christmas Festival

Zaidpour beat Perfect Smile in a hack canter at Fairyhouse by 13 lengths - today he only beat him around 5 lengths all out. Do not take today's race at face value - we will see the real Zaidpour at Leopardstown in Feb.

Speaking of jockeys. Mr D Kiely was jocked off Mississippi River (Leopardstown bumper 2/1f) after getting beat in Galway. Today his replacment Robbie McNamara got beat in similar fashion.

Last edited:
Zaidpour beat Perfect Smile in a hack canter at Fairyhouse by 13 lengths - today he only beat him around 5 lengths all out. Do not take today's race at face value - we will see the real Zaidpour at Leopardstown in Feb.

Why does it have to be looked at that way? It is much more plausible the Meade horse improved.

Fwiw, I think both are better than today, but I'm pretty sure Zaidpour doesn't have the speed for the 2 miler.

Why does it have to be looked at that way? It is much more plausible the Meade horse improved.

Why is it more plausible that Perfect Smile, who has had 5 previous runs over hurdles prior to today, has stepped up in 14 days?

First couple of day's entries are out shortly. In the meantime anyone going racing over the Christmas in Ireland should note the following promotion:

FREE Entry to Leopardstown & Limerick Festivals

Leopardstown Christmas Festival
Limerick
FREE entry to day three of the Christmas Festival, Tuesday 28th

First race to Post at 12.35pm
The 2010 four day Guinness Christmas Festival starts on the Sunday 26th of December and runs until Wednesday 29th of December. Great racing, great fun, great food and entertainment is all guaranteed at the Limerick Races four day Guinness Christmas Festival. Live action starts at 12.35pm each day at Greenmount Park. Large screen viewing of the racing action on course, Leopardstown and Kempton Park.

Planning on going tomorrow, was the free entry promotion held already does anyone know?

Last edited:

That is a bit glass half too full Gal.

Whatever the real Zaidapour is remains a very open ended matter of opinion now

Whatever the real Zaidapour is remains a very open ended matter of opinion now

That is what is it all about - for me it is blatently clear that the race came much too close for the four year old based on how he travelled in the race and the resulting formline.

Re: Majestic Concorde, i'm massively after timing(!) but I backed him for a couple of quid at 65 on the machine. There was very little at the bottom of the weights with the exception of the Elliot horse that looked to have a chance.

Re: Pandorama - I think we may have the new Beef or Salmon.....

Zaidpour looked laboured to me from some way out with the jockey squeezing him along. Flat run for me and best judged when he goes next for the Deloitte.

I wasn't impressed with Zaidpour in the pre parade ring today.I thought that First Lieutenant moved much better. Pity I didn't back that thought though. This race may have come too quick for Zaidpour after Fairyhouse.

ZAIDPOUR looked quite rough and dull-coated (on tv only, mind) and his poverty lines looked quite deep - don't know if he always looks like that, but he ran without any apparent zest. He does have a short, scrabbling action which may not have been suited by today's going, though. His would be used to better effect when the ground's quite a bit drier than it appeared to be today.

FIRST LIEUTENANT is another kettle o'fish physically - glorious stride, very confident, attacking approach to the whole race, and much more imposing to look at. His coat shone, too, as some horses' did today, while others looked well gone in them. Morris said he'd been off with sore shins, which are now fine. The ground would've suited him if he tends to get jarred, that's for sure.

Russell rode a shocking ride on For Bill

Connections not happy either! Why does he always leave horses so far out of their ground - Quito de la Roque and Money Trix yesterday were exactly the same. MT would never have beaten Pandorama anyway but at least give him a chance. He is without doubt the most over-rated and over-used jockey in Ireland! He's a good talker I believe:whistle:

No I'm not, was just looking after some of my syndicate members with a few refreshments after racing. Sure Colm has to be worried about something.....he's hardly gonna come out and say he expects him to win :lol:

I managed to get out with my Murphy bets today. Got Options didn't get home with her wind, Quito each way to a good bet - would have won of they went a better gallop, Ballyhoura each way without the two favs made a small profit. I'm going all in tomorrow.

Kept the faith after your post C! Many thanks - I took as much of the 13/8 as I could get. Managed to give some back on Rebel Fitz who was dissappointing in the end but another good day!

I think Big Zeb is a definate lay today.

His main concern is getting him back on the track..doesn't fill me with confidence and the ground is a major negative. I can see Murphy being quite happy with a decent run..but not going to hard on the horse in the conditions.

Great win for Zeb today. Beforehand, I could not believe how Golden Silver was expected to beat him given he has beaten him a few times before. And as I've said before, he is bigger, better, stronger this year. Looked a picture in the ring and Colm was never going to leave a Grade 1 behind him. As I said about On The Bridle's comment, what is Murphy supposed to say "I expect him to win!". Trainers are not like that. They will always be more negative than positive.

Kept the faith after your post C! Many thanks - I took as much of the 13/8 as I could get.

Crossed posts there. Just seeing yours now. Glad you kept the faith. You nicked the 13/8 on me!! Play a little up on Kimberlite King if he is a decent price. He needs it bottomless so check out the ground. But he's as well as can be.

I blew a disgusting amount of money today-when the wife left to go shopping at 230 I was pulling my hair out.
Had a couple of small results then went all in with a fairly large place lay on Uncle Junior at Limerick at 1/2.I backed him in running as big as 8.8 before he ran on like a train to finish 3rd.I made a few quid but not as much as I wanted.
Desperately in need of inspiration I turned on the bumper at Newbury and backed the winner at 80 on the recommendation of Jonathan Neesom who is a top judge in my opinion.laid off too much but it made a chronic day respectable.

Jonathan Neesom comes into Lingfield quite often, Luke - might even be there tomorrow or Friday. I'll let him know you're eternally grateful, and that his commission is in the post! Glad he helped pull the day round for you.

I have put a fun each way bet on Accidental Outlaw in the 1.00 juvenile hurdle.

I know the theory is that he doesn't like cut, and I know that the favourite has solid form and that the filly was very good on the flat.

However, Charles O'Brien has a knack of training decent hurdlers. His form is up there with the best of them and there are stupider ways of losing money (like backing Liverpool).

25/1 with Paddy Power.

I thought he took to hurdling fairly well and they were happy enough to enter him at Kempton before the weather intervened.The mare that finished just ahead of him won in good style at Limerick yesterday and my interpretation of the market says he is fancied.
I will be trying to lay off at short prices in running.

Back