Leopardstown Christmas Festival

As I thought after the last day, MdH is no good over fences. A horse to avoid in this company. I'd go back over hurdles.

As I thought after the last day, MdH is no good over fences. A horse to avoid in this company. I'd go back over hurdles.

Was in the process of thumping today's winner at Fairyhouse - bounced off the walls on his second run back after a year off the track. You could be right, he may well be no good but today's performance is clearly not remotely a fair reflection of what the horse can do. He would have ran similarly over hurdles.

That was for you! I did the same yesterday and feel almost alive again now. I'd look for 1 get out of jail bet and forget about it then. I could have done the same yesterday if there was anything going on between the ears.

Was in the process of thumping today's winner at Fairyhouse - bounced off the walls on his second run back after a year off the track. You could be right, he may well be no good but today's performance is clearly not remotely a fair reflection of what the horse can do. He would have ran similarly over hurdles.

Is there a cloud over the Mullins horses this week?

MdH has been seen 3 times, schooling included, over fences. He can't jump. Maybe he will come good but just doesn't seem to be so good over fences. If this bounce was so obvious, why was he backed to near 1/2?

MdH has been seen 3 times, schooling included, over fences. He can't jump. Maybe he will come good but just doesn't seem to be so good over fences. If this bounce was so obvious, why was he backed to near 1/2?

If you are saying he jumped poorly at Fairyhouse then there is really no point continuing the discussion.

Poor twice, adequate once (Fairyhouse)I am quick to acknowledge when I have got it wrong (often) but if you can't see this horse has little hope of being a great chaser based on evidence so far, I think it may be you who needs to not continue the discussion.

He didnt jump out to his right then either like today did he? Maybe like Zaidpour he has been brought out to early and on top of that aimed at what looked a fairly hot race over too short a distance.

Poor twice, adequate once (Fairyhouse)I am quick to acknowledge when I have got it wrong (often) but if you can't see this horse has little hope of being a great chaser based on evidence so far, I think it may be you who needs to not continue the discussion.

Poor twice? So we are including schooling sessions now? A schooling session that happened in a season when connections were so unhappy with the horse's well being that they did not race him? You are happy to use that as solid evidence?

"Little hope of being a great chaser?" If every novice was judged by that standard then we would have few novice chasers about.

Poor twice? So we are including schooling sessions now? A schooling session that happened in a season when connections were so unhappy with the horse's well being that they did not race him? You are happy to use that as solid evidence?

"Little hope of being a great chaser?" If every novice was judged by that standard then we would have few novice chasers about.

I'm happy to use all the evidence in front of me - what is wrong with this? Better than hype or believing those who said he would be a great chaser when he looks the archetypal hurdler.

Unhappy with the horse? So unhappy they considered running him at Cheltenham only for him to jump like a donkey in that schooling session.

His engine looks to have disappeared, in addition to being a poor jumper.

Engine was all there in Jessie Dream race. Every horse runs a bad race, its far too early to give up on him yet.

Race came far too soon for him. The jumping to the right has to be a concern but he jumped well in his first race and when he came down he tripped himself he didn't hit the fence or anything like that. I'm more than willing to forgive him this and the price for the RSA looks tasty especially if today tells us anything it is probably he doesn't want 2 miles of an Arkle.

Back