Leopardstown Christmas Festival

Poor again frm Townend - no idea what he thinks he can do after the last in these races. Sat motionless again - he is a very bad judge of giving rope based on the last 2 races.

3 poor rides from him i agree

seemed to get crowded out at a crucial time there..lost a little impetus..probably wouldn't have made any difference

he's had a shit day though..and i don't normally take much notice of jocks.

Best horse won, Big Zeb jumps so much quicker than Golden Silver must take a length at every fence.

To be fair to Townend, he made a mug of Russell there - I wouldn't be happy if I had backed Solwhit.

I'd be wary of Hurricane Fly's jumping to the right a little.

People are obsessing over jockeys today. Sometimes with good reason, sometimes not. Big Zeb and Hurricane Fly clearly superior to respective opponents. That's the bottom line.

People are obsessing over jockeys today. Sometimes with good reason, sometimes not. Big Zeb and Hurricane Fly clearly superior to respective opponents. That's the bottom line.

think you will find i'm last person to bother with jocks

i don't think any result would have been different..but Townend has shown some very odd decision making/tactics.

watch Macville's race and let me know what you think

I know they're all supposed to have an equal chance but how is there not a horse handicapped to beat Majestic Concorde?

I spent hours and hours going through the Paddy Power, as there is a lot of pressure on me every year from the lads as I have had something like 4 winners and 4 placed horses in the past 10 or so years.

Thankfully, the selection this year gave them a few bob back. However, there was absolutely no way I would ever have considered Majestic Concorde on heavy ground.

Gearoid: hope you didn't do your nadgers on CAPTAIN CEE BEE - he looked very listless today, seemed to be just going through the motions.

I can't agree that Captain Cee Bee was somehow disappointing. Mid-150's is as good as he is over fences, and he will have run close enough to that mark today.

Back