Leopardstown Monday

Good win for Sublimity but for me Sizing Europe is the ultimate bridle horse who finds nothing for pressure. Also a pleasing effort from Brave Inca. I'm wondering how to make the form though, the 2nd surely wouldn't be a Champion horse on its current form.

Last edited:
Sizing Europe stopped like he was shot again. Third time in a row.

Stopped again but jesus he was pulling the arms off the jockey the whole way around. Very hard to get home in a race travelling like that. But definitely a horse to avoid now.

Well done to connections of Sublimity....and a fine run from Brave Inca....just out paced against these at this stage.

Agree EC. Don't think they went as quick as they did in that race but it was quite spooky how it panned out. Hardy hit one of the hurdles hard and went backwards pretty quickly after.

As Gal says, the pace wasn't frantic by any means; indeed, turning into the back it was pretty much a crawl!

I would arguethat the relatively slow pace actually played into Sublimity's hands though, in this particular race at least.

Looking at it again I have not seen Sublimity ridden so handy before (by his standards)...not sure it suited despite him winning.

Stayers Hurdle an option for Brave Inca? Either way a great run from him considering it would have been no surprise to see him completely bomb out on his second run back.

Haven't been able to watch it again Gal, but I got that impression as well.

Consequence of the slow pace perhaps?

Sizing Europe very dissapointing - may have stopped like he was shot at Punchestown the last, but he never even picked up at all today! In fairness, the way the race was run was totally against him, but dissapointing nevertheless.

Sizing Europe was disappointing.All I can say is that it will take the spotlight away from horse and trainer and give them a chance to regroup for the festival.

I'll need to watch it again too because the last thing I was thinking was that BI and HE were going too slow. The rest stood off them so if they were pulling it doesn't say much.

the body of the field were a way behind BI & HE..so were entitled to be showing signs of not going a great lick....but the fractions those two up front cut out were enough to kill them off late...imo...HE as Gareth said made a right horlicks of one flight...sure signs of tiredness

Really interesting to see how Shirley Casper goes here. Has flattered to deceive on both outings this year but the better ground should suit.

Hills go Sublimity 10/1 but keep Punjabi on 16/1. Bit of an odd one given their proximity at Wetherby on their seasonal debuts and Punchestown last year.

I'll need to watch it again too because the last thing I was thinking was that BI and HE were going too slow. The rest stood off them so if they were pulling it doesn't say much.

You may be right Gareth, and the gallop certainly looked to pick up when Brave Inca took on Hardy Eustace swinging into the back, but I didn't think they went particularly hard even then.

Nice performance from Harrington's mare in the last under a more conventional ride than the last day! Thought Ruby might have set a stronger gallop on Pomme Tieppy given that the ordinary gallop they went played into the hands of the mares with more pace.

I can't see any of today's runners troubling the judge in the Champion Hurdle - I don't think the form is worth a carrot.

I can't see any of today's runners troubling the judge in the Champion Hurdle - I don't think the form is worth a carrot.

Snap, but I've never been a Sizing Europe fan so that run from him hasn't surprised me.

I personally think Binocular will win the Champion on what we have seen so far, but if Katchit goes off a big price, He'll carry a few shillings of mine ew.

To be the Champion Hurdle is very much a race to wait until the day.

If the ground comes up good the likes of Binocular and Sublimity are likely to out pace the rest. If it comes up like last year (soft) both are worth taking on with horses that are likely to be much bigger in the market.

But with Binocular near evens favourite, come the day there should be good e/w value.

How long did it take Hassett to change whip hands on Won in the Dark. Granted the horse was no help by lugging in, but Mr Hassett was like a sack of potatoes. Looked like an ultra weak renewal to me despite the lofty credentials of the leading contenders.

Judge Roy Bean , yes , bad ride.

Won In the Dark, the 4yo crop very good, and run a blinder in a very poor grade 1.
Irish horses nothing to do in the Champion Hdl this year.

I still have not given up on Jered, but he is very ground dependent and like I said it is a race to wait until the day.

Back