Leopardstown Sunday

It's been a write off of a season. The way things are going Punchestown will pobably be put back until after the Galway festival

It's been a write off of a season. The way things are going Punchestown will pobably be put back until after the Galway festival

Five weeks to the festival and it seems like the season hasn't started.This time last year I knew I wanted to be massively against Dunguib and massively for Sizing Europe.At the moment I think Dunguib is an arb and Mourad an each way bet but I would get really stuck in to either of them.

Are the decs standing / what's the story with antepost bets?

The bookmakers seem to be all doing different things re antepost bets struck on the G1 races - and different things depending on when you struck the bet!! The G1's are reverting to the original entry stage not final forfeit stage which is a joke! These races could realistically look nothing like the final decs now!

This is a crock of shite!! Any antepost bets placed after final forfeit stage should be treated as void if they are allowed to open the races up to the original entrants!!!

No wonder antepost betting is in serious decline - it seems they make up the rules to suit the book and the situation. Ladbrokes seem to be the only ones acting responsibly - pity Im on with Bet365 :mad:

Yes the market takes on a whole new complexion... I suppose Nicholls will be represented by either Neptune Collonges or What A Friend instead of PoD now.

Last edited:
I'm told that it's slashing down with rain in Dublin, and that the meeting is only 50/50 to go ahead tomorrow. Any locals able to confirm this?

There hasn't been a huge amount of rain today, and much of it is drizzly. I don't think much more is due. Light patchy stuff.

I would think that unless the ground is borderline already, it will go ahead.

Tonight

Dry and clear tonight with patches of fog. Cool with lowest temperatures of -2 to +2 degrees and frost in places.
hr.gif

Tomorrow

Dry and sunny tomorrow morning. Cloudier and windier during the afternoon, but staying generally dry until evening time.

They wouldn't allow a clash with Navan, which is staging a decent meeting in its own right.

Thanks for the nod, everyone. My contacts are clearly panic merchants!

Just need Joncol to do the bizz tomorrow.............and Cottrelsbooley, of course. :lol:

I agree with OTB about Magnaminity, and I am also surprised to see Sam Adams at 16/1. Especially if it's a bog. But all the interest will be in the Mullins pair. Will they take one another on? Is Mikael gone? Is Quel Esprit as good as he (sometimes) looks?

The Hennessy looks good for punting if you don't like the favourite. I don't like the favourite. So I will be punting. But I am not sure who I should punt on. Maybe Kempes, but punting on Kempes can be a recipe for disaster. But he won't have to be that good to beat this lot unless the Nicholls yolk is as good as he looked the last day when beating the mighty chaser Punchestown.

Did you keep the faith Bar - if you did Mrs Bull will be expecting a rather large delivery from Interflora with the punting week you've had!!

found an old-ish RP (from beginning of feb.) in one of my piles of newspaper that litter the house, and flicking through it saw that kampes was a major mover for the hennessy then. was backed from something like 12/1 into 15/2 with some firms.

Back