Lets turn €50 into €1,000 before end of October

On The Bridle

At the Start
Just got a €50 bonus into one of my online accounts (Bet365) and OUR task is to turn this into a grand before the end of October. Anyone interested in coming along for the ride!! What about a committee of 3 or 5 to sanction bets / give advice and monitor progress.

I turned €1000 into €50 in the month of August, so have some experience in this field, albeit maybe not the right way around....

You have a troika.

The rest of us can provide advice, but be prepared for some of it not arriving until after the event.

€50 is an interesting starting point ...
So, what's the staking system to be? Not 100% just because it's so small & so far to go - that could be a very brief journey!

Say, 10% of the bank? Until the bank is €100? ... then what ... hmmm.
Plus 100% patience?

Someone can point out the great climbing rate of return that average odds of 6/4 can get after a while, using just 2.5% ... someone?

Anyway, unless it's just a fairground ride & relying 100% on luck, the stake as % bank needs to get down from 10%, which is ludicrously high.

Patience at the beginning is key.

"You have the value - that's half the problem"

A quote I use a lot - normally when I put my mates onto losers that shorten :lol:

This thread would have gone down a treat on the Betfair forum. Surely who ever blows the bank has to put up the next €50? Only fair? Any winnings will go into the prize pool for the Naps competition.

I am starting to spend most of my time on cycling forums recently, as the ratio of nutjobs to normal people is slightly lower than on here.

However, I would like a piece of this action. I can contribute a cycling bet, but most likely just advise you on whether to listen to Gearoid or not. The answer to that will depend on his score on the tilt index, which is a function of:

- The time of day.
- The amount of money he has won in the last 30 minutes (he experiences Goldfish syndrome).
- Whether he has found anywhere to put his pipe in the past week.
- The concentration of alcohol in his bloodstream

If you get Gearoid to submit the information above with his tip, and if you use my Tilt Index formula wisely, you will know whether to follow him in, or sit on your hands.

I am starting to spend most of my time on cycling forums recently, as the ratio of nutjobs to normal people is slightly lower than on here.

However, I would like a piece of this action. I can contribute a cycling bet, but most likely just advise you on whether to listen to Gearoid or not. The answer to that will depend on his score on the tilt index, which is a function of:

- The time of day.
- The amount of money he has won in the last 30 minutes (he experiences Goldfish syndrome).
- Whether he has found anywhere to put his pipe in the past week.
- The concentration of alcohol in his bloodstream

If you get Gearoid to submit the information above with his tip, and if you use my Tilt Index formula wisely, you will know whether to follow him in, or sit on your hands.

:lol:

What does that mean exactly?

You chase your losses. But if you have one winning bet, you seemed to become calm.

And if you managed to restrain yourself for 30 minutes after a big loss, I stopped worrying about you. You don't store up anger, which is a good thing.

Goldfish are said to have very short memories.

You chase your losses. But if you have one winning bet, you seemed to become calm.

And if you managed to restrain yourself for 30 minutes after a big loss, I stopped worrying about you. You don't store up anger, which is a good thing.

Goldfish are said to have very short memories.

I know you're slightly taking the piss but you're actually spot on. I get over a loss very quickly but in the aftermath anything can happen!

Right one last €50 bank - and unless we have full committee agreement - there will be no hasty 7/4 goodthings backed with all the tank. Because the tank is so small we should start with a 20% staking plan and build from there. All results have to be in by the end of October. Any further suggestions would be welcome.

Right one last €50 bank - and unless we have full committee agreement - there will be no hasty 7/4 goodthings backed with all the tank. Because the tank is so small we should start with a 20% staking plan and build from there. All results have to be in by the end of October. Any further suggestions would be welcome.

What's the point?

Yeah but gambling is such a personal thing that getting anyone to agree on anything would be impossible. If anything the general consensus will probably come up with worse bets than an individual.

Last edited:
Yeah but gambling is such a personal thing that getting anyone to agree on anything would be impossible. If anything the general consensus will probably come up with worse bets than an individual.

Take your point - who wants to join in then with their own pot of €50 - make it an individual competition. The winner is the first to an actual €1,000 - only two buy backs allowed.??

Back