Lincoln/Dubai

Just A Way's performance will be difficult to be topped for the rest of 2014. That was simply of freakishly brilliant proportions

No it wasn't - the race fell in his lap - Dank and Mshawish two G2 horses at best were both murdered in the run and should have been second and third .

It was a very good performance - freakishly brilliant it was not.

i think we ought not to pigeon hole horses as in so and so is only g3 class etc,etc where we are talking about non european racing. half the horses that have won the dubai world cup were beaten of 80 odd in york and newmarket h'caps. i didn't realise untill late on saturday that the fav for the big one, millitary attack actually used to be named Rave and was trained by john hills in the uk and won a couple of half decent h'caps at ascot. dank didn't pull up any trees in the uk, but he's clearly improved for the firmer ground in the us and meydan. the point im making is im not sure it's possible to give a world wide rating as racing in a different atmosphere and conditions, and type of race clearly has an impact to what a horse can achieve. for what its worth i thought it was impressive and id like to see him come for the arc and take on treve. i think he actually beat a higher calibre of horse than treve beat at longchamp.

i think we ought not to pigeon hole horses as in so and so is only g3 class etc,etc where we are talking about non european racing. half the horses that have won the dubai world cup were beaten of 80 odd in york and newmarket h'caps. i didn't realise untill late on saturday that the fav for the big one, millitary attack actually used to be named Rave and was trained by john hills in the uk and won a couple of half decent h'caps at ascot. dank didn't pull up any trees in the uk, but he's clearly improved for the firmer ground in the us and meydan. the point im making is im not sure it's possible to give a world wide rating as racing in a different atmosphere and conditions, and type of race clearly has an impact to what a horse can achieve. for what its worth i thought it was impressive and id like to see him come for the arc and take on treve. i think he actually beat a higher calibre of horse than treve beat at longchamp.

I beg your pardon - are you seriously suggesting the runner up, Dank and Mshawish are better horses than Orfevre and Intello - if so call the nurse !

the comparation is not correct

Orfevre had an off day
Intello doubtfull stayer on unsuitable ground

About Duty Free
wth that prize money most trying an fully fit
Dank is a Breeders Cup winner
Msawish is a good horse too

and Just Away beat them more impressively than Treve did in the Arc

treve also has to prove she has train on.

dank was the moral 2nd and would beat king george river just as well as intello. and on firm ground 9 or 10f he would give orfevre plenty to think about.

you could argue through just a way that dank and gentledonna are closely matched if you take in to account dank's luckless run. gentledonna beat orfevre a nose getting weight, dank would also get the fillies allowance should they meet, dank is also a typical stoute older filly on the upgrade, so granted suitable track and conditions dank would be very close to orfevre. and over 10f on fast ground would no doubt give treve as good as race as the aforementioned.

Back