Little Annoyances

• Thread starter Thread starter Ardross
  • Start date Start date
You get paid on a Monday?? Or just the last day of a month?

(We get paid on the Thursday before the last working Friday of the month.)

Originally posted by Diminuendo@Feb 27 2005, 10:37 AM
Cafes, motorway services etc that use that terrible uht milk instead of the real stuff. GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR.
not only that but the cost is rather large too :o we must be MUGS!! for using them..... but I all-ways carry a hot flask of water and a jar of coffee and coffee mate Sainsburys that is .... if you break down on the motorway its very handy indeed.... :P or if out in the stix?

The last working day of every month for me, Mo.

James, I don't have a cheque guarantee card, just a Solo.

Motorway service stations are among the worst for overcharging but plenty of other places ensure the Rip-Off Britain tag is with us to stay.

I'd like to know how some US diners can offer eat-all-you-can lunches for $6 (£4-ish) (occasionally less) and dinners for under $10 when the main course alone in an ordinary bar menu costs more than that.

I found myself seriously embarrassed a number of years ago when we had an American visitor. We took her off on a drive around central Scotland to see the usual tourist sites. We stopped off at a hotel on the shores of Loch Lomond for a meal. Then (about 8 or 9 years ago) the "breaded fish with fries and season's vegetables" cost over £6. When it arrived, it was one of those processed, frozen breaded fish fillets served with oven chips and frozen veg.

I really wonder what tourists must think of this place.

Originally posted by Maurice@Feb 27 2005, 11:40 AM

I found myself seriously embarrassed a number of years ago when we had an American visitor. We took her off on a drive around central Scotland to see the usual tourist sites. We stopped off at a hotel on the shores of Loch Lomond for a meal. Then (about 8 or 9 years ago) the "breaded fish with fries and season's vegetables" cost over £6. When it arrived, it was one of those processed, frozen breaded fish fillets served with oven chips and frozen veg.

I really wonder what tourists must think of this place.
Mo.... to be avoided at all costs!!!! so you were put in your PLAICE then..........and it was not a MONSTER!!! meal either then.............. :D :D

Wrong loch, merlin B)

...but no, the meal certainly wouldn't have burst the scales. I reckon these plaices charge what they want just for halibut.

Today's major annoyance is having had a wet arse for the past 3 hours (with no signs of drying) after having had to walk to work whilst it was pissing down with rain.....the rest of my jeans dried out about an hour ago!!!! Sadly, as I am sat down the chair is soaked too, it ain't drying....& I'm not spending the next hour standing at my desk!!!

Shadow, if you grow a big enough posterior, it acts as like a balcony over the sitting part, keeping it pleasantly dry - well, I've found that works! :D

Doesn't work in my case Aunty K.....& it's big enough, don't want it any bigger!!!! It's slowly drying, more damp now.....

Originally posted by PDJ@Feb 27 2005, 11:12 AM
Sending my phone off for repair and having it come back with the memory wiped. AAAAARRRRRRRGGGGGGGHHHHHHHH. :angy: :angy: :angry:
Sending my phone off for repair and it not coming back.....

Paying for the car to be serviced, four new wheels, and having the exhaust come loose 12 hours afterwards... :teeth:

The way that Mr Kipling has to make his yummy cakes so fattening :rolleyes: Why can't they be fat free yet still yummy?

QUOTE (PDJ @ Feb 27 2005, 11:12 AM)
Sending my phone off for repair and having it come back with the memory wiped. AAAAARRRRRRRGGGGGGGHHHHHHHH.

Sending my phone off for repair and it not coming back.....

Getting a new mobile 'phone (because the old one was totally and completely knackered) and trying to get used to all the fancy new gizmos, the teensy weensy keys and the unutterably crappy ringtones (must download a new one.. ) PLUS get used to trying to find something no bigger than a matchbox in a handbag the size of a portmanteau BEFORE the effing thing stops ringing ...

Well, Ardross, at least I don't drive a really boring car which features in naff ads playing to people's status consciousness: Kev? Bev? Kev! Bev! There they go, one lot in one old Volvo and the other in what is apparently a newer version. The socially-conforming Kevbevs of Volvoland...

:lol: Bait duly taken - I knew you would find it impossible to not mention Volvos .

It would be unwise to buy or not buy a car on how much you like or dislike their adverts . I agree their current campaign is acutely irritating .

I can't remember any recent campaigns for Protons but then again I don't read Yours or the People's Friend

I can understand that, Ardross. They're aimed at the broader swathes of ordinary, normal society, not the poseurs of Oenophiliacs' Weekly.

That surely should be Oenophile.

If such a magazine existed I doubt it would advertise elderly Volvos - however they are good for carting a lot of wine about :D

Apparently the new Proton has an inbuilt commode .

"Oenophiliac" was also meant as a little joke, but as I can see all attempts at fun are lost entirely on you, I'm off to watch 'Fargo' for the second time. If I was watching it for the 70th time, I'd suspect it would be more lively than our exchanges... :rolleyes:

Back