Lockinge

Going by Aston Park , should be no excuses ground wise imo - seems to be as advertised

Creachadoir each way for me

Poor ride there on the Fav from Frankie, even if Regal Flush did lack fitness - and I don't think it will do his confidence a lot of good in the big one! He thought TT would come back to them... but Durcan's a very good judge on a front runner, esp after all his pacemaking duties for the Sheikhs in the past.

I'll be watching with interest but I'm not having a bet in the Lockinge, too many ifs and buts for me

Interesting innit Gareth, his runs behind Miss Finland and El Segundo would give him decent claims here

Wonder if on course fellas have noticed something

Originally posted by Charlie D@May 17 2008, 01:42 PM

Wonder if on course fellas have noticed something
I think Francome just remarked that he didn't look at all relaxed, as they focussed on him in the parade ring - anyone else pick up on that~?

10.5 on Betfair shrug::

Edit: and still drifting... quite incredible. When was the last time something like this happened in a Group 1?

Came in out the back too - something was clearly visible, the horse not happy at all
Bet there will be big sighs of relief for the Boys in Blue! - shame there wasn't a better pace on early

Came in out the back too - something was clearly visible, the horse not happy at all

Haradasun? Beaten 4 lengths into 6th I think.

Edit: the other Ballydoyle horse was the one way out the back.

Both Ballydoyle runners done by the joke pace. Haradasun was starting to stay on at the end. Might have nicked fifth?

Remember this Gareth

(Gareth Flynn @ May 26 2007, 03:57 PM)
Creachadoir must be hard as nails.

Gotta be and i hope he gets a break now, he should get what he deserves then - a G1 winners medal

He got what he deserved didn't he

Absolutely - that was after his Irish Guineas run when he was a length 2nd to Cockney Rebel; his 6th run of the season!

It's hard to tell from the TV but Haradasun looked as though he was carrying plenty of condition which is not typical of a son of Fusachi Pegasus. I suspect that played as much a part in his drift than anything else..a Ballydoyle horse needing his first run.

Winner did it well, obvious chance in the Queen Anne unless something improves past him.

Pace was very steady early on as I thought it might be. That said, I think the winner was probably the best horse in the race over a mile (hard to draw conclusions from Haradasun's run admittedly).

I certainly wouldn't give up on Haradasun. Slow gallop was probably against him over this trip (could prove best over 10 furlongs maybe), as well as the usual improvement from his his first run (as the price would indicate).

Phoenix Tower is one to bear in mind when he goes over 10 furlongs as well.

Originally posted by Gareth Flynn@May 17 2008, 01:56 PM
Haradasun? Beaten 4 lengths into 6th I think.
Edit: the other Ballydoyle horse was the one way out the back.
Ah OK, I was going on the colours in a shot taken just before he ran on, looked 2nd last to me but I didn't realise when I posted it wasn't the finish :D When I did see the last 1/2 furlong, could see that was more encouraging than I'd thought, perhaps he hasn't fully acclimatised yet, or as Gal said poss carryign condition.

What would Hadrasun's best trip be on breeding? - 8 or 10f?
And can anyone explain to me those colours he's carrying, and how they fit into the heirarchy at Ballydoyle?

Btw Speaking of past winners, which we weren't - Russian Rythm's full sister RUSSIAN EMPRESS debuts on Monday at Windsor in an interesting fillies' maiden

They're the colours of his Aussie owner, Frank Tagg. You may remember them from Elvstroem a couple of years back.

Btw Speaking of past winners, which we weren't - Russian Rythm's full sister RUSSIAN EMPRESS debuts on Monday at Windsor in an interesting fillies' maiden

While we're on the subject, her first foal - a filly called Barynya - is in training with Stoute.

http://www.barynya.com/ - in case anyone wondered where the name came from :P

Aha yes! Thanks. I knew they were familiar but couldn't place them. I take it Coolmore bought a half share then for stallion purposes? - poss to become outright ownership when he finishes racing?

Reportedly, Coolmore paid the same amount of money for Haradasun´s half share as they paid for Choisir after his campaign in Europe in 2003.

Just watched the race for the first time after returning home from work.

Despite putting him up early in this thread i didn`t back the winner. Asked for 7 on BF and it was never matched. My initial thought was that the animals behind Creachadoir were much of a muchness, but Tariq came from an unpromising position and he`ll be a bet in the Sussex if he turns up. Cesare will only ever win a Group 1 at Ascot, and they tend to be more competitive unfortunately.

Back