Lockinge

Originally posted by chrisbeekracing@May 18 2008, 05:07 PM
I really liked A R as an individual and he was one of the better looking horses in the paddock, except carrying a good 50kg too much.
I take it that comment was made somewhat tongue in cheek, Chris?!

Granted, I didn't see the horse but I find it very hard to believe that any horse turning up at the races can be 50kg overweight, not least a flat horse. 50kg is just shy of 8 stone!

As for Aidan O'Brien's comments about Haradasun, I did see in the RP on Saturday that he did mention the possibility of running the horse in sprints as he had so much raw speed, or very similar wording. The same theory that he tends to apply to a lot of his Group 1 performers, be they milers or middle distance horses. Time to change the record Aidan, it's getting a little boring now!

Coral have installed Saturday's Lockinge Stakes winner Creachadoir as the 7/2 favourite for next month's Queen Anne Stakes at Royal Ascot.

Aidan O'Brien's Australian import Haradasun is the 11/2 second favourite, ahead of the Lockinge third and fourth, Tariq and Cesare, both 6/1.

"There may have been a few hard-luck stories in the Lockinge Stakes, but Creachadoir won well under a confident Frankie Dettori ride, and we would favour the Godolphin horse to come out on top again at the Royal meeting," said Coral's David Stevens.

Originally posted by Shadow Leader+May 18 2008, 07:31 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Shadow Leader @ May 18 2008, 07:31 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-chrisbeekracing@May 18 2008, 05:07 PM
I really liked A R as an individual and he was one of the better looking horses in the paddock, except carrying a good 50kg too much.
I take it that comment was made somewhat tongue in cheek, Chris?!

Granted, I didn't see the horse but I find it very hard to believe that any horse turning up at the races can be 50kg overweight, not least a flat horse. 50kg is just shy of 8 stone!

As for Aidan O'Brien's comments about Haradasun, I did see in the RP on Saturday that he did mention the possibility of running the horse in sprints as he had so much raw speed, or very similar wording. The same theory that he tends to apply to a lot of his Group 1 performers, be they milers or middle distance horses. Time to change the record Aidan, it's getting a little boring now! [/b][/quote]
yes was being sarcastic saying 50kg Dom, but he looked tubby and probably been having one scoop too many lately.

I wasn't disputing him being overweight, I just wanted to check that you were indeed taking the p*ss with the 50kg bit!!

Did Haradasun try sprinting in Australia? If I'm not mistaken, his Australian form was at a mile and 10 furlongs, was it not?

No point even trying to draw conclusions from his Lockinge run anyway.

He had a couple of decent runs over 6 and 7f according to the RP. Not that that's terribly unusual for an Aussie horse though.

Just had a look; did run over 6f/7f a few times (beaten 2 1/2 lengths by Apache Cat), primarily during the earlier part of his career.

One of the most interesting aspects about Haradasun is how well he adapts to the European training style, with the races being generally more spread out but being kept in training longer, as opposed to the Australian "carnival" style, where it seems as if the horses are primed to peak in a period of about a month and then let out.

Originally posted by chrisbeekracing@May 18 2008, 03:56 PM

. Very lit up in pre-parade ring he had two strong lads leading him up. He remained on his toes once saddled and got quite worked up sweating all over.

Explains the drift on BF and probably a run you can forgive

Be interesting to see where AoB goes with him

Edited to add

Thanks for this info Chris btw, it's useful imo

Unless Antipodean form is vastly superior to European (and no doubt they would say it is)...its going to take a lot of AOB magic to make this one a star

Nine runs without a win now isnt it?

My take Clive

His overall form don't look anything special - average older G1 horse, a few pounds improvement from AoB and they'd probably have a horse of similar ability to say Ramonti

Back