Longchamp this Weekend

Gamla Stan

At the Start
Whilst we have another thread for the Arc, there are plenty of other very good races this weekend. The Abbaye looks as hot as ever with the French possibly mounting a challenger for it for one and Yeats reappears in the Cadran. Rip Van Winkle will probably go for the Grand Criterium too. I'm excited about seeing Natagora in the flesh in the Prix Foret.

I know a couple of us off here are going, anyone else fancy a drink in Paris at the weekend?

Also, where can I get the 5 day entries from? The RP will be as incompetent as ever and not have them out till Friday night when I will have set off.

If you get to the track before they sell out then you can buy the RP from Tote Credit stand.

Five-day decs will be at france-galop.com

Whilst we have another thread for the Arc, there are plenty of other very good races this weekend. The Abbaye looks as hot as ever with the French possibly mounting a challenger for it for one and Yeats reappears in the Cadran. Rip Van Winkle will probably go for the Grand Criterium too. I'm excited about seeing Natagora in the flesh in the Prix Foret.

I know a couple of us off here are going, anyone else fancy a drink in Paris at the weekend?

Also, where can I get the 5 day entries from? The RP will be as incompetent as ever and not have them out till Friday night when I will have set off.

You'll be able to get the entries tomorrow afternoon for the Saturday on the France Galop site.
http://www2.france-galop.com/FGWeb/domaines/courses/courses_calendrier.aspx
But don't think French in the Abbaye, Marchand d'Or has never even run over 5 at Longchamp, let alone win, look further East.

I'm heading over with my folks on Friday evening and will be racing on Sat and Sunday. Back Sunday night. Let me know if there is somewhere we can meet up for a drink at the racecourse. A little constrained otherwise with the parents in the evenings. We will be there early. Waht time does racing start each day? I'd be grateful if anyone has any clues for the racing as I'm not a flat person so haven't been paying much attention this season.

Ta

I'm heading over with my folks on Friday evening and will be racing on Sat and Sunday. Back Sunday night. Let me know if there is somewhere we can meet up for a drink at the racecourse. A little constrained otherwise with the parents in the evenings. We will be there early. Waht time does racing start each day? I'd be grateful if anyone has any clues for the racing as I'm not a flat person so haven't been paying much attention this season.

Ta

There are plenty of bars on the racecourse, as for the racing times. I'm fairly sure the first race will be quarter to two both days. But if you're going on the Friday, a good move would be to try the trotting at Vincennes on Friday night. You don't need to know anything, backing colours gives you about the same chance as following the form. It's a great night out and is where the French really take their racing seriously (trotting is a lot bigger than racing here).

Katiyra was impressive, but Beach Bunny has been beaten since and the third couldn't win a Dundalk maiden since either.

Mad About You is more interesting than either Beach Bunny or Katiyra. Only a head behind Halfway To Heaven on Irish Guineas form. Patently failed to stay the trip in the Irish Oaks.

Marchand D'Or has to be taken on in a big field over 5 furlongs surely?

Couldn't agree more. Of the principals on Betfair, I've had a bet on Equiano at 14 ... Kings Stand winner so clearly possesses the necessary class over the distance, and the likely ground should be right up his street.

Hills yard have been in good form recently, and with African Rose a possibility for the Foret, Overdose's form impossible to equate with UK/Ire/Fra form and Marchand D'or running over an unsuitable trip, leads me to think Equiano should be a 4 or 5/1 shot.

Is Marchand d'Or's run at Chantilly not the highest rated 5f performance this year so far?

Can't access RP here so unable to answer that.

My reason for opposing him is based on Longchamp's tight 5F track not suiting his running style of coming from behind.

With regard to the Foret, anyone find it strange Godolphin have not entered anything?

I feel with Frankie riding from the front, Il Warrd would go well if the ground was Good or quicker. Also, despite being below top class, they do have some useful 7F horses who may place such as Calming Influence or Alexandros, as it's a substandard renewal, imo.

Godolphin has 2 horses entered in the whole weekend at Longchamp:
Dandy Man in the Abaeye and Schiaparelli in the Arc.

Sorry I'm only tuning into the Arc debate now,can someone tell me if Septimus is going to run ? I think not but just checking.....

Ok Ta, thought he might have been a bit of value as an e/w westerner type.I suppose if the rain comes Soldier of fortune will be hard to beat.

Back