Longchamp this Weekend

Doubt he would come over, KA has horses both here and there and will prob target the top French races with him

Have put a bit of my winnings on Katyira - got 8s

Last edited:
Khalid Abdullah owns Rainbow View and Proportional. I suppose that could be an issue come May. But the latter looks the more likely to train on.

Khalid Abdullah owns Rainbow View and Proportional. I suppose that could be an issue come May. But the latter looks the more likely to train on.

Proportional looks a cast iron Prix de Diane contender ~ I doubt she'd be considered for Newmarket at all.

Great performance from the German filly Lady Marian there. Travelled much the best and picked up nicely.

I'm fucking gutted.

Eh??? George Strawbridge owns Rainbow View!

I am truly amazed that no-one else (Delargy!!! :p) picked up on that one!

Poor ride there from Kinane on Katyira - yes talking through pocket! - he gave her far too much to do and should have moved up a lot sooner imo, she might have almost won!

Lady Marian was really impressive. Fair play to Lush Lashes, tough filly to be still putting up such game efforts.

Kinane did nothing wrong, came from the same spot as the winner but had a clearer run. Just not quite Group 1 standard.

The first three were all very impressive and very genuine

Wot big ears Lady Marian has!

20/1, postponed, 20/1, 9/2 and 16/1

When did we last go through an Arc card without a fav obliging? It's pretty rare on any card isn't it, but once or twice in every 100. It's all on Zarkava

Oh well since I'm being pedantic anyway, the Prix de l'Opera wasn't a Classic last time I looked, I don't think? :D

Last edited:
Paco Boy wins the Foret in a time of ~80s.

Here's the times for all G1s run over the 7f course at Longchamp in the RP database. I've left in the 2yo races (Lagadere and Salamandre) for some extra context - they're denoted with a *.

78.4 Good To Firm
78.6 Good*
78.7 Good To Firm
79.3 Good*
79.4 Good
Edit: today's race at 79.8 fits in here
80.1 Good*
80.6 Good To Soft*
80.8 Soft
80.8 Good*
80.9 Good
80.9 Good*
80.9 Good To Firm*
81.0 Good
81.2 Good
81.4 Very Soft
81.5 Good To Soft*
81.6 Good*
82.2 Soft
82.2 Good To Soft*
82.3 Soft
82.3 Soft
82.5 Soft
82.6 Very Soft
82.8 Soft
82.8 Soft
82.9 Very Soft
82.9 Holding*
82.9 Very Soft*
82.9 Very Soft*
83.1 Soft*
83.3 Good*
84.0 Good To Firm*
84.0 Soft
84.0 Soft*
84.5 Holding*
84.8 Soft
85.0 Good To Firm*
86.9 Soft
87.0 Very Soft*
87.1 Heavy

Just a quick update: the Lagardere was run in 78.4s - which puts it at the top of that list.

What's going on?? Not only have I not gone for a kip, as planned, I'm watching Longchamp despite really not being interested in it, being especially fed up and bored of the tedious buildup to the poxy race since about March - and now I've even backed one in it...

(Getaway, in case anyone is interested)

Who made up eyecatching ground actually, having been anchored at the back and brought wide the whole way around....

Back