Look after this forum

Grass - when i were a young un my Dad took me to Edinburgh for a short break...and we went to Easter Road for a mid week match..this would be about 1970...there was a player then who had been a stalwart for them.,,had played loads through the previous years..i just cannot remember his name now

its the only scottish ground i have been to..who would that player have been would you or Digger know?

.i am currently reading all the Rebus books..about half way through...all based in Edinburgh of course..really love them

Alex Cropley? What position? early 70s was prime Hibs. Brownlie, Shcaedler, Arthur Duncan, Stanton, Joe McBride?

Nurse!!!!!!!!!!!

Bosch is written by the incomparable Michael Connelly.

James Patterson is for those who like their writing on the shite side.

Bosch is brilliant. The series is available on Amazon Prime...excellent.

Alex Cropley? What position? early 70s was prime Hibs. Brownlie, Shcaedler, Arthur Duncan, Stanton, Joe McBride?

Joe Mcbride is ringing bells..i went there just the once..it would be around 1970...probably that year in fact

like i said..i knew Joe Baker well from his exploits at Forest..pretty sure it wasn't him

i'm also getting the idea this guy might have scored on the night..was a midweek match under floodlights

the score 3-1 is in my mind..think Hibs won

Last edited:

I used to drink in Schaedler's at the foot of Easter Road, when I was a lad. My pal was playing in the Hibs reserves at the time, and his Dad was big pals with Eric, Bobby Thompson, Cyclops Sneddon, Roughie, and a few others in the first team.

Eric took a shotgun to himself way back.....maybe 86 or 87? The reasons for his suicide were never really established, but I remember him being a gentleman to us youngbloods, and there was much wailing and gnashing of teeth in the hood, at the time of his death, as he was universally liked by everyone - of so it seemed to me as a teenage daftie.

It was 30-odd years ago, but I can still recall him giving us a knowing wink, and a nod towards the Lounge off to the side of the main bar, if we were planning on having a drink.

Last edited:
Joe McBride?? Geez, I would NEVER have associated him with Hibs.

apart from the Scottish national team, i wasn't that savvy with Scottish teams..all i remember was that the fans there held him in high regard..probably because of this..from wikipedia

He never regained a regular place in the Celtic side, and subsequently transferred to Hibernian in 1968.[SUP][2][/SUP] McBride quickly regained his goalscoring form with Hibs, scoring on his debut, against Rangers, a hat-trick in his second match, against Lokomotive Leipzig, and four goals in his third match, against Morton.[SUP][2][/SUP] He was Hibs' top goalscorer in both the 1968–69 and 1969–70 seasons,[SUP][2][/SUP] and scored a second European hat-trick for Hibs, against Malmö FF.

As Ed alludes...if you need to understand why this forum has survived the answer is in this thread. Forum health, memories of those lost in action, Jam Tarts, Hurricane Fly, Scottish Crime lliterature, 1966 world cup squad and on it goes......

We have had existential crises here before and soldiered on through. When I joined in (Channel 4 days) I thought the world had upended with the connectivity immediacy and have a loyalty to the place and have met and shared many great experiences with lots of the members. I even got related by marriage to one of them which is a coincidence of major proportions. Anyway - 5 suggestions to liven the place up a bit more:

1. Ardross
2. Slim Chance
3. Krizon
4. Steve Miller
5. Brian H

if anybody can influence their return the should.

Re: SlimChance

I got s massive pain in my bollocks during the summer when someone on Twitter reproduced something I posted on another forum and accused me of plagiarism. It pissed me right off and I deleted my accounts on both forums In hindsight it was a poor decision on my part to let one moron get to me.

Guesss who's back?

Last edited:
Re: SlimChance

I got s massive pain in my bollocks during the summer when someone on Twitter reproduced something I payed on another forum and accused me of plagiarism. It pissed me right off and I deleted my accounts on both forums I'm a member of. In hindsight it was a poor decision on my part to let one moron get to me.

Guesss who's back?

Welcome back...er...Arpy.

The username SlimChance has been deleted from what I can see, you could try to re-register with that name now ?

Assuming you are him :ninja::whistle:

Last edited:
The username SlimChance has been deleted from what I can see, you could try to re-register with that name now ?

I think he mentioned to me that he can change a username. I'll wait until he reads the thread or if he doesn't I'll mail him.

I've been vile to both DO and EC1 in recent months/weeks*, and their both still speaking to me.

Disappointing, therefore, to establish that Slim went off in a big poofy hissy-fit.....though obviously good to see him back.

* I apologise pubiicly and humbly for these trangressions, and will try very hard not be such a nippy cu*nt in future.

Last edited:
I've been vile to both DO and EC1 in recent months/weeks*, and their both still speaking to me.

Disappointing, therefore, to establish that Slim went off in a big poofy hissy-fit.....though obviously good to see him back.

* I apologise pubiicly and humbly for these trangressions, and will try very hard not be such a nippy cu*nt in future.

i appreciate that very much Grass..it takes a big man to post like that

i'll just add..i'm going to try and curb my c*ntishness as well:)

i blame the cat food

I wonder could Col change my name back to SlimChance? It will take me years to get the brand awareness back.

I can try if you like and if not could change it to something similar Slimchanceisback or something ;)
Just let me know if you want me to

Back