Madeleine Mccann

Was just thinking of her today, how sad no news...good or bad. I know alot of other familys are going through the same thing (missing children)....must just be tormenting particularly at this time of year.

I've just caught up with this thread - fascinating questions put to Mrs McCann, and unanswered by her. I wonder how a sniffer dog detects 'corpse' from 'blood' - I suppose they're trained to sniff corpses rather than live humans somehow? Very interesting, the various probes the interrogator was trying for, and strange that the simplest weren't responded to. I've no idea what to make of it all, to be honest. One always wishes to believe parents, but sadly (as Shadow alluded to some time ago), faith in their inherent good nature isn't always rewarded. But it's no good conjecturing - it may well remain a mystery for many years.

Oh not this one dragged up again! I see the McCanns have to ensure more time in the spotlight, and possibly trying to build up the bank balance again.

Oh not this one dragged up again! I see the McCanns have to ensure more time in the spotlight, and possibly trying to build up the bank balance again.

Yeah because the spotlight has been so positive for them... :whistle:

Ah yes of course, they are doing this to make money...how obvious.

They've made enough out of it in the past, at the same time as showing they love the media spotlight.

There is no one investigating the case anymore, other than the family and their agencies. If they were not doing this they would literally be giving up.

But yeah you are right - they just loving it....imagine the buzz and thrill they must be getting off it.

Last edited:
They loved them so much they successfully sued just about every daily newspaper and tabloid alike, none of whom were even prepared to go to court to argue their side of the story. Instead they all bandied together and paid a whopping lump sump into the campaign funds. Similarly, a few of them had to pay the innocent Robert Murat out too.

It was always something of an uncomfortable Faustian pact. They needed the media to reach people, the media had a story that would run and run and needed a salacious element to stir it up. There was inevitably going to reach a point where one or both sides would transgress in terms of unedifying over-exposure, or stretching the innuendo to the point wher eit became a libelous allegation. They could only really find the boundaries once they'd been breached, by which time it would be a bit too late

Last edited:
Back