Miling Division 2010

To be honest, this win of hers impressed me more than her European ones - maybe it was the way she truly powered past them, really letting herself down into the ground. When she fired up her turbos, I thought she was jaw-dropping.

Well put - she is incredible.

Cheers, Hamm. There are good performances, and then there are some which just take your breath away with their imperiousness.

Fab news that she's with us and around to torment the trainers for next year!

What wonderful news !

Paco Boy bless him received some bizarre rides this year . I still am baffled by tactics that repeatedly gave Goldikova several lengths start - when he was ridden much closer to the pace in both the Sandown Mile and the Lockinge.

...and Saturday wasn't a massive difference between them was it?..PB dropped next to last 2 out but still only beat 2 lengths

i wouldn't say a track like that suited PB too much would you..with his run style?..or do you just go..A beat B so far so is so much better without recourse to any conditions.

PB is a OHR of 124..a literal reading of the form makes G about 5 higher than that..but PB could have been closer..like he has in the past..which would put G on 127/128..being generous

thats a massive OHR for a filly anyway

Last edited:
Fantastic news and very sporting of the connections. I wish more would follow their example. Hope it pays off for them.

PB is a OHR of 124..a literal reading of the form makes G about 5 higher than that..but PB could have been closer..like he has in the past..which would put G on 127/128..being generous

thats a massive OHR for a filly anyway

Generous? She won that without getting out of second gear. Anything below 130 is not only an insult, it suggests the likes of George Washington and Bosra Sham would have beaten her. No chance.

Generous? She won that without getting out of second gear. Anything below 130 is not only an insult, it suggests the likes of George Washington and Bosra Sham would have beaten her. No chance.

they don't rate on how easily won though?

PB is a length inferior to G on average..at best G is 2 better..thats not 130 land I'm afraid

unless we use different rules for horses we really like..and then use other rules for those we don't..are in wrong stable etc :)

The only bias on this thread is your bias against Goldikova.

If you can't enjoy her and accept what a champion she is, we might as well all watch another sport.

Yeah, I'm not really interested in her rating to be honest. At her best she was pretty untouchable and that's what matters.

I agree with the last 2 posts - no rating can describe how good she is; she is similar to sea the stars in this respect. She takes the breath away.

A very good horse but not an all time great for me. Zarkava was streets ahead of Goldikova and if Canford Cliffs retains his level of form next year then I would be very suprised if he didn't have her beating.

I have no idea how anyone can be certain of these things but GW was a funny one. There was always the sense that on his day he could fly like nothing else but you would bet goldikova to win more times than not. I would agree though that Zarkava would probably beat anything put in front of her so long as remained semi sane

The only bias on this thread is your bias against Goldikova.

If you can't enjoy her and accept what a champion she is, we might as well all watch another sport

Yes but theres a world between admiring a horse that is wonderfully consistent with connections that are a credit to the sport and the cold eyed look at ratings. Both have their points and neither can be dismissed

Bosra Sham was utterly brilliant when her feet were right and apparently that only happened once in her 3 and 4 year old career- the 1996 Champion Stakes when she thrashed Halling .

Your constant crabbing of her form, splitting hairs over giving her a rating and making excuses for Paco Boy despite the fact she's beat him every time they've met (certainly not close calls as you describe, only the Queen Anne was close).

Not to mention your absurd comparison with Best Mate who was beating trees when he won his three Gold Cups, Goldikova has beat some top milers over the past three years.

Fantastic news that Goldikova stays in training.

Would really be something to see her win a fourth BC Mile, though I'm sure the Wertheimer's are desperate to prove to EC that she's a 130 horse as well.

Your constant crabbing of her form, splitting hairs over giving her a rating and making excuses for Paco Boy despite the fact she's beat him every time they've met (certainly not close calls as you describe, only the Queen Anne was close).

Not to mention your absurd comparison with Best Mate who was beating trees when he won his three Gold Cups, Goldikova has beat some top milers over the past three years.

Trees in three Gold Cups ! Like that well known tree stump Beefy :lol:, the utterly useless pair Looks Like Trouble and See More Business, the completely hopeless What's Up Boys , that old selling plater Harbour Pilot ....

I agree it is a daft comparison but your rebuttal is as daft.

Back