Miling Division 2010

Beefy never ran up to his form at Cheltenham.
See More Business was aged 12 when Best Mate beat him at Cheltenham.
Looks Like Trouble ran so badly that day that he was retired!
What's Up Boys. Jaysus! What was he rated apart from the Grand National? 150s, I'd say.
Harbour Pilot. He never won a chase out of novice company.

Beefy never ran up to his form at Cheltenham.
See More Business was aged 12 when Best Mate beat him at Cheltenham.
Looks Like Trouble ran so badly that day that he was retired!
What's Up Boys. Jaysus! What was he rated apart from the Grand National? 150s, I'd say.
Harbour Pilot. He never won a chase out of novice company.

Leaving aside the Irish runners - Best Mate beat 15 horses UK rated 160 and above in his 3 Gold Cups - HP was rated 166 in Ireland, B or S 170 ( he ran well the one day the soft conditions suited him )

Quite clearly they were not trees. The very high ORs recorded by Kauto (the best chaser since Arkle) and an on song Denman should not obscure the achievement of winning 3 Gold Cups .

Your constant crabbing of her form, splitting hairs over giving her a rating and making excuses for Paco Boy despite the fact she's beat him every time they've met (certainly not close calls as you describe, only the Queen Anne was close).

Not to mention your absurd comparison with Best Mate who was beating trees when he won his three Gold Cups, Goldikova has beat some top milers over the past three years.

a length is a close call to me..

how is making her a 128 horse crabbing her?

just because i've not fawned over her form like you and a few others doesn't make it crabbing..it makes it impartial..something unheard of on this forum.:p

yes she has beat PB everytime..she is a better horse than him..but not by much when both are firing..PB is a 124 horse..go figure..thats not crabbing her at all..she is at best 4 or 5lb better than him..thats fact

re the absurd comparison...lets see..you think its easy winning 3 gold cups do you Stan???.....Best Mate beat trees did he?..similar trees to those that every gold cup winner beats..if BM had been trained in Ireland..would be a totally different view expressed ..thats guaranteed

most of what i read on here is biased...which I expect on a forum filled with Irish folk..but that won't stop me pointing it out:)

i like a laugh every now and then..and some of the bias is funny..but it does get a bit tiring after a bit so it does have to be mentioned

calling me biased is funniest thing i've read on here..particularly with a thread with 17 pages devoted to one trainer and jockey..blathering on about who is going to be next whipping boy at that stable..oddly..its an Irish stable :D

re the absurd comparison...lets see..you think its easy winning 3 gold cups do you Stan???.

Easier than winning three Breeders Cup Miles against the best horses in the world. Flat racing is a multi-million worldwide sport, National Hunt racing is not.

I'm more Dutch than I am Irish for what it's worth.

Easier than winning three Breeders Cup Miles against the best horses in the world. Flat racing is a multi-million worldwide sport, National Hunt racing is not.

I'm more Dutch than I am Irish for what it's worth.

you actually think those breeders cups run on greyhound tracks is a greater achievement than winning 3 Gold Cups?

wait til Grassy reads this :blink:

depends on how you view the breeders cup..personally..i find it a load of shite..but I will probably be a lone voice on that one

Along with the Arc meeting and Royal Ascot, it's the best meeting in the World as far as quality in depth is concerned but it generally has more international runners than the other two.

British punters love knocking the Breeders Cup because they can't be arsed to study the form of the American horses and just assume the European horses are superior when they're generally rather equal (with the Americans edging it in dirt races and the Europeans edging it in turf races). As soon as a European horse gets beat out there, the usual mug punters spout the exact same line about "greyhound tracks" and drugs etc.

Horses that win at the Arc and the Breeders Cup are the true champions for me and both represent the real end of season finales.

I dislike the breeders cup, though not because I can't get winners, but because it's soulless, the tracks are boring, the Americans attitude to horses, and most of all because it americanises what would be a much more enjoyable event anywhere else.

Horses that win at the Arc and the Breeders Cup are the true champions for me and both represent the real end of season finales.

At the risk of attracting the wrath of Shadow Leader, forgive me if I don't bow down and hail Dangerous Midge as the second coming.

Along with the Arc meeting and Royal Ascot, it's the best meeting in the World as far as quality in depth is concerned but it generally has more international runners than the other two.

British punters love knocking the Breeders Cup because they can't be arsed to study the form of the American horses and just assume the European horses are superior when they're generally rather equal (with the Americans edging it in dirt races and the Europeans edging it in turf races). As soon as a European horse gets beat out there, the usual mug punters spout the exact same line about "greyhound tracks" and drugs etc.

if i'm a mug punter Stan..I don't know what that makes you in comparison:)

you are the guy that thinks a win at a distance means a horse stays that distance no matter what ..aren't you?

You are one of those people who really cries when someone doesn't like what you like.. aren't you Stan?

I actually think our horses are generally inferior by the way.

Last edited:
No point getting into a slagging match - differing opinions are what the forum is all about.

Personally I think she is top drawer. She gave Aqlaam (subsequent Group 1 winner rated 120) a 6l beating in the Jacques le Marois last year with Virtual (116) a further five lengths back. Simplistic as it sounds, how that form doesn't add up to at least 130 is beyond me. She was absolutely awesome that day.

You are one of those people who really cries when someone doesn't like what you like.. aren't you Stan?

:lol::lol::lol:

Literally the funniest thing you've ever wrote on here given some of your rants. I didn't call you a mug punter specifically if you read the post again, I said the meeting has a low popularity amongst the man on the street in the UK for the reasons given.

Can see Hamm's point about the BC Turf, it has the unfortunate position of being late in the year after horses in that sphere have had tough campaigns culminating in big races in Europe. Overall though, the meeting attracts much better horses than at Champions Day and will be bolstered by RFC's campaign to wipe our own Champions Day off the calendar.

Back