Nassau Stakes 30 July

I didn't have a bet today but I'm very encouraged by Snow Fairy's run (particularly so since she was weak in the market). She should be back winning soon. It was powerful from Midday today.

Midday is edging me closer on the TTF. Group 1 races this weekend for Goldikova and Famous Name (who surely has his first Group 1 at his mercy), should keep me on the pace.

Last edited:
The lack of a gallop probably disadvantaged Snow Fairy more than any but Midday was superb again today-( the Pretty Polly was a blip ) clearly she should have won the Coronation Cup . Principal Role should not be underrated she has plainly improved a great deal from three to four .

Last edited:
The lack of a gallop probably disadvantaged Snow Fairy more than any but Midday was superb again today-( the Pretty Polly was a blip ) clearly she should have won the Coronation Cup . Principal Role should not be underrated she has plainly improved a great deal from three to four .

Translates as -the two I liked before the race are still the two that I like.I have some difficulty accepting the fact that Midday has been beaten twice this season.

Translates as -the two I liked before the race are still the two that I like.I have some difficulty accepting the fact that Midday has been beaten twice this season.

That's nonsense - had Midday been beaten easily by MFM on good ground then you might have a point . She has twice run way below form on soft ground at the Curragh .

As for the Coronation Cup - she left SNA for dead and then ran out of puff close home - jockey error entirely responsible for her defeat .

That's nonsense - had Midday been beaten easily by MFM on good ground then you might have a point . She has twice run way below form on soft ground at the Curragh .

As for the Coronation Cup - she left SNA for dead and then ran out of puff close home - jockey error entirely responsible for her defeat .

You're so lazy in any analysis you do - who said it was soft ground at the Curragh? It was good ground.

You're so lazy in any analysis you do - who said it was soft ground at the Curragh? It was good ground.

Nonsense - before you indulge in your usual style of insults based on ignorance check the facts - The official ground was yielding to soft - the actual ground looked a good deal softer than that .

None of that matters. The bookies placed too much weight into that run when pricing the race up. She should have been odds-on given her overall profile.

I'm not one for times, but the Pretty Polly was run 8s outside the standard. And given how few Group 1 races are run over that trip at the Curragh (2?) that surely points to a soft surface.

Last edited:
[FONT=&quot]I cannot understand the need for all this aggression. We’re discussing racing. You only have to look at the replay to see that the going was on the soft side, as it is visibly loose, it certainly wasn’t Good or faster. Plus the race being over 8.3 seconds slower than standard suggests it wasn’t anything other than easy (as Euro has mentioned).

Irish going usually understates how soft it actually was, so there is a good chance it was even softer than the official yielding to soft (as Ardross states).
[/FONT]

Last edited:
[FONT=&quot]I cannot understand the need for all this aggression. We’re discussing racing. You only have to look at the replay to see that the going was on the soft side, as it is visibly loose, it certainly wasn’t Good or faster. Plus the race being over 8.3 seconds slower than standard suggests it wasn’t anything other than easy (as Euro has mentioned).

Irish going usually understates how soft it actually was, so there is a good chance it was even softer than the official yielding to soft (as Ardross states).
[/FONT]

Sadly some people have to support their opinions with insults as if somehow that makes them more impressive .

MFM might be able to translate the form she showed there to good or good to firm ground but the fact she was taken out suggests plainly that AOB thinks she cannot.

misty For me won on soft in the Pretty Poly and her 2 best nces have been in soft ground (Boussac and last one)

Sadly some people have to support their opinions with insults as if somehow that makes them more impressive .

MFM might be able to translate the form she showed there to good or good to firm ground but the fact she was taken out suggests plainly that AOB thinks she cannot.

I really look forward to you showing me where I insulted you?

Last edited:
The Pretty Polly was very steadily ryn and produced a poor speed figure. Basing ground assessments around that one piece of evidence is fraught with danger. The Pretty Polly time was slower than the 3-y-o maiden that ended the card despite the winner of that race carrying more weight.

From the racingpost.com.

AN angry Ed Dunlop on Friday expressed dismay on learning a technicality in the French rules of racing will preventSnow Fairy from running in Sunday's Group 1 Darley Prix Jean Romanet at Deauville.
The four-time Group 1-winning filly had been expected to head across the channel after Dunlop scratched her on Tuesday from the following afternoon's Yorkshire Oaks due the going. But the trainer was incensed to learn late on Thursday night that she would not be able to run.
Dunlop told the Racing Post on Friday: "Somewhat to my surprise I received an email from France Galop yesterday saying that there is a rule in France stating that if horses are declared to run within eight days they are not allowed to run unless there are extraordinary circumstances.
"In 22 years of taking entries the IRB's James Fry advised me he has never heard of this rule and was obviously as surprised as I was."
Dunlop, who pointed out that Montjeu won the Prix Niel in 1999 having been declared to run in Ireland the previous day said he believes that the French racing authorities were alerted to the fact that Snow Fairy should be prevented from running due to the rule by a trainer based there.
He continued: "The fact is that Snow Fairy does not have a race to run in now. This race has only been upgraded to Group 1 status recently and it will now have just four or five runners. We did not know of this rule and were never alerted prior to declaration stage that the rule existed."

Why would a trainer know the rules regarding making entries?
That's asking something a bit de trop, n'est-ce-pas?

that other trainer must have had inside knowledge, eh?

Back