New Members- Welcome To Talking Horses

• Thread starter Thread starter Ardross
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Falkirks best form has been down the flemington straight so he will appreciate Ascot.

Glamour Puss, in my opinion is past her best, but i have so much time for her trainer that if he has taken the time to go over then she must be alright with in herself and must still have something to offer.

Takeover Target if he has travelled over and settled in fine i cannot see him being beaten by the other two. I have him so far ahead as our best sprinter it is not funny.

Welcome, Djebel: always nice to have more Aussies on board. I had the pleasure to meet Jill Kewish and Geoff Guest, who have Rockmount in Victoria, when they dropped in to Brighton's last meeting. They showed me photos (yes, some of us carry them round like photos of the grandkids!) of their 'babies' - a lovely, forward-looking 2 y.o. filly by CHOISIR, called SIENNA STAR, who they're hoping will be over here in the UK to compete, plus they have a pleasant FASLIYEV, though I have to say the CHOISIR looked very strong and correct.

Geoff gave me his card but www.rockmount.com.au just doesn't show up at all. Jill gets a mention under Victoria Racing Club's site. He said that they have a pre-training establishment with around 60 horses at any time. Sounds very interesting, and they were nice folks.

Just a quick hello from me, some of you already know me from other forums and it's nice to be part of a forum that celebrates my favourite sporting activity.

Have been following racing for more years than I am prepared to admit, lived close to the Hereford track for several years and never missed a meeting, and am hoping to move back to that area in the next couple of years.

Spent a while working for Ladbrokes before realising it was much more fun on the otherside of the counter :lol:

I would have to say my fav racehorse of all time was Spartan Missile (hence the avatar) and I'd very much love to own a type like him myself one of these days.

Looking forward to getting to know you and enjoying participating here :)

A very warm welcome to you, Ramoth! You've chosen a great horse to have as your avatar, and I hope that your betting prowess will provide you with 'the necessary' one day to be able to own such a smasher. We have a wide range of interests on here, punting and betting theories, of course; breeding, training, jockeyship, and probably everything that can be discussed about the great sport. Please take a look at the 'General Chit-Chat' section, too, where we tell appalling jokes and discuss virtually anything. Enjoy your newest forum!

Ramoth, before I got to the end of your posting I recognises SM. One of my all time fav's as well. Welcome to all.

Hello

Thanks for letting me join your Forum...I hope to post a few winners and take part in discussions.

I am interested in Flat and National Hunt. Also recently been following the racing in Ireland, thanks in the main to ATR.

Live quite near to Huntingdon and Towcester, and have enjoyed day's out at both.

regards to all

Sandpiper B)

Welcome, sandpiper. We hope to hear lots from you - it's always good to have fresh views and news. :)

Great to have you on board, Clivex!

Make yourself at home and get stuck in with some of the many and varied discussions. Be warned a few of us bite, but only very occasionally. :)

I'm David, a keen downunder Kiwi horse racing lover.

Was introduced to the excitement and disappointment of racing when my uncle took me to my first race meeting at the New Zealand Metropolitan Cup harness meeting, back in 1967 (12 years age). Gave him some hard earned pocket money to put on the cup winner which duly paid somethign like 26-1 and when I caught up with him, found that he never placed the bet, but instead spent it at the bar! :cry:

Anyway, it didn't put me off for life and I've heaps of fun & excitement over the years and hope that continues.

Forum looks great and I hope to be a regular contributor.

David

Welcome David - but please note a, no commercial signatures are allowed and b, no promotion of businesses as that is classed as spam

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back