New Members- Welcome To Talking Horses

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi bara,

Vatour seems the form choice in the first although wish they had run valour lido again as I have a feeling it's decent and Mullins has picked up a couple of supremes with outsiders before

Also keen on shotgun paddy in the 4 miler , green flag and ericht for the handicaps,although il keep my powder dry on the CH don't want to stir up trouble on my first day!

Right I'm off to my TENT!!

Thanks to whoever has activated my account. :)

My name is Phil, I'm from Bradford (unfortunately) and I am usually at most Yorkshire race tracks with my Go Racing In Yorkshire Annual Pass. I have been interested in horse racing since I was 19 after going into the bookies with my uncle who was a terrible gambler. I love both flat and national hunt racing and more recently purchased a camera and have started taking photos at the races. I'll post a few up in the relevant section. I also post on Punterslounge forum and I'm registered on The Racing Forum but hardly ever log in there.

I liked this forum as it is more about horse racing in general rather than just betting and it's not totally full of bookie adverts or offers. The people on here seem to genuinely love the sport and I am first and foremost a fan of horse racing regardless of the betting side of it. My favourite jumps jockeys are Fehily, Hutchinson, Geraghty and Walsh. Favourite flat jockeys are Kieren Fallon, William Buick and Ryan Moore. I even named my son after Kieren Fallon and he has met the jockey he was named after at Pontefract.

I hope to enjoy my stay here and get involved in the discussions.

Welcome mowgli77. What do you fancy for day 3?

Possibly Felix Yonger in the 1st, I like the level of consistency shown and think it's almost guaranteed a place. Unsure about the 2nd race but feel Mister Dillon is overpriced at over 20-1. Josies Orders is interesting right at the bottom of the handicap and Jonjo just can't be ignored in these types of race. The Ryanair looks a poor renewal. I backed Dynaste at Haydock when beaten by Cue Card and thought he was one to take forward but he's been awful since. I like Al Ferof but for whatever reason Nicholls seems to struggle (apart from Kauto Star) at the festival.

Annie Power looks hard to oppose but More Of That is arguably the value bet in the race. I like Giorgio Quercus at a big price later on for Nico De Boinville/Henderson too and I can see Cause Of Causes going well in the last. I was in the winners enclosure when it was 3rd there last season as my friend was in that Betfair/Timeform syndicate.

Not very confident about anything tomorrow but I've done a treble on Annie Power/Briar Hill/Bobs Worth so could do with her getting that up and running. :thumbsup:

Hi all! Didnt know this place existed! Lol. Not sure if many on here remember me from Have your say but Glad 2 B hear & im still very much involved in Horse racing & fortunate enough to still B getting a few Winners!

My turn to say "Hi !"

I'm not too good reading form so I resort to what I know best - data analytics, which means I a big fan or trends.

I had a share in a syndicated horse once, a filly called Star Sensation and that's her colours on showing on my avatar. Great fun, loved very minute of being an owner, albeit with 11 others. These days I've not got the money to spare unless I grab the Scoop 6 :rolleyes: it's a happy memory.

I've got a blog with all my analysis on it, I'm not a tipster. Through my site I'm just trying to offer suggestions and ways to help people beat the bookies. Hopefully I can add some value on the forum too.

Good luck !

Update: I just realised the avatar can't be seen on the forum at the moment, only on my profile.
Update 2: I just managed to update my avatar, Sometimes the links work, sometimes they don't. No worries, at least the colours can be seen now.

Last edited:
Introduction

First post so just thought I would put up a little bit about me.

54 years of age and been into Horse Racing since I was about 10 years old and for those who remember my dad use to take me into the Bookies which in them days all you had was the racing papers pinned to the walls, a few chairs to sit in , a crackling Radio system with commentaries of the Racing and the Chalk Boards with the changing odds being written down.

I live in Newark- Nottinghamshire , near enough to Southwell racecourse for me to ride my bike to the meetings although I don't get to the meetings as much as I would like to because I work most afternoons-evenings.

Horse Racing is my Passion / Hobby but I do sometimes like to bet on the American Basketball matches but its mostly the Horses for me.

I don't profess to making money from betting but for me yes its about backing winners but also the enjoyment of the sport and the times you win you tend to remember and you forget all the losing days you have but overall I probably lose money at this game.

I try to target getting about a 33% strike rate which is 1 winner in every 3 selections which over a long period I can just about achieve although I must admit I backed a lot more winners 5 years ago than I back now as to me it seems much harder now than it was back then.

I am a member of 2 other Horse Racing Forums but of course I will not mention which ones.

Might need a bit of time to find my way around but hopefully I can put you onto a few winners and hope I can learn from others on this site as well.

I don't have access to any inside info but just use the form book to try and pick my selections but nouthing is guaranteed in this game.

If I had posted my selections for yesterday I would have had 5 losers

Welcome to the newbies. Can I just ask how you all found us?
Was really looking for an owners forum and a thread here came up on Google.

Have just got back into racing after over ten years out of the game, used to punt and tip every day, now have only one horse in training and bet very selectively.

Trouble is as soon as I build up my betting bank the bl00dy trainer gives me a tip and I have to start rebuilding :)

I Googled 'Racing forums' and there you were.

I consider myself a very lucky guy. Dad loved horses. Bless him. Now I love 'em. He took me to see the likes of Sea Bird, Nijinsky and 'Himself'. In return, I took him to see Nashwaan and Dancing Brave. How lucky were we to see their magnificence?

We thought that nothing would ever surpass the mighty Sea Bird, and then Frankel came along. Pity Dad wasn't here to see him.

I earn my living from betting.

I'm looking for some people to collaborate with to develop some new systems. The ones I have are OK but the betting landscape keeps changing and I like to stay one step ahead.

I hope to chat with some of you in due course.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back