Newspaper and Pro Tipsters

My mate raves about Templegate. I backed his nap a while ago that finished a stone last.

This forum has far more knowledgeable people than the ones that work for the papers.

Templegate has been penned by numerous tipsters. Any newspaper tipsters record is essentially random. Concentrate on beating the SP if you really want to improve your betting.

Gerald Delamare RP big races and saturday.
Have read him for must be 40 years.very knowledgeable.

Years ago i always read Nick Mordin.
I remember him tipping an A.Fabre horse at the breeders cup and said it was the best bet in 10 yrs and to take american prices.
It hacked up and i got 6/1

I used to follow "split second" from the SCHB, worked really well if you didn't take everything at face value. Took Nick Mordin's "Betting for a living" on holiday this year - I'll keep going back to it there's so much in there.

Now I just follow Outsider:lol::lol::lol:

Kealy is decent and for anybody who can put up with the rest of the shite, Frank Hickey's comments on the RP podcasts are normally worth taking on board too - but he's a PP odds compiler as opposed to tipster.

But the only tipster I would (sometimes) back blind isn't a racing tipster, it's Steve Palmer on the golf.

Years ago i always read Nick Mordin.
I remember him tipping an A.Fabre horse at the breeders cup and said it was the best bet in 10 yrs and to take american prices.
It hacked up and i got 6/1

Took Nick Mordin's "Betting for a living" on holiday this year - I'll keep going back to it there's so much in there.

Mordin's occasional items in the Handicap Book / Raceform Update / Weekender used to prick my curiosity so I ended up buying his book. I think it was Mordin On Time or something like that (I'll still have it up the loft) and experimented with it for a while but ended up rejecting it as entirely flawed.

I used to follow "split second" from the SCHB, worked really well if you didn't take everything at face value.

Ken Hussey was excellent. I never understood why Dave Edwards was allowed to supersede him. I'm not sure Edwards gets anything right.

Kealy is decent and for anybody who can put up with the rest of the shite, Frank Hickey's comments on the RP podcasts are normally worth taking on board too - but he's a PP odds compiler as opposed to tipster.

But the only tipster I would (sometimes) back blind isn't a racing tipster, it's Steve Palmer on the golf.

The guy fluked two six figure wins and didn't quit his job. If you gave me his picks everyday by text I'd throw my phone in the river. He's an absolute guesser.

Last edited:
One I take seriously nowadays, but so does the market unfortunately, is Gary O'Brien.

One I take seriously nowadays, but so does the market unfortunately, is Gary O'Brien.

I'd say he'd rather an hour with the formbook than a hooker. I wonder does he pay any attention to UK racing and might RUK use him for some meetings across the sea.

The guy fluked two six figure wins and didn't quit his job. If you gave me his picks everyday by text I'd throw my phone in the river. He's an absolute guesser.

I presume you're talking about Hickey and you'd know him/of him better than me but on the rare occasions I've listened to the RP nowadays he's stood out but then again, in the land of the blind and all that...

I presume you're talking about Hickey and you'd know him/of him better than me but on the rare occasions I've listened to the RP nowadays he's stood out but then again, in the land of the blind and all that...

He's not related to a good judge. RP podcast hysteria. The same people who gave Emmett Kennedy a platform.

Last edited:
The only platform I'd give Kennedy is one with a noose above it

Agreed. Frank is a nice guy but the reverence he gets on social media is beyond his ability. I'd actually be happy enough to lay him and I don't say that about profitable punters.

Check out The Ask Audrey column in "De Paypur" (Irish Examiner) every Friday and wonder aloud if An Capall is moonlighting.
Best column for tips every week.

Pat Keane is one of the best horse racing journalist but no one has heard of him north east of the Shannon. He's been using the bookmaker shops n Carrigaline as an ATM for decades.

He's not related to a good judge. RP podcast hysteria. The same people who gave Emmett Kennedy a platform.

To be fair, Kennedy is a broadcaster rather than a tipster - and I find him alright at that to be fair (although others seem to find a head melter).

I don't really come at it from a tipster element (as I'd never even consider following a tipster blindly), but people whose opinions I would take note of would be Gary O'Brien, Kevin Blake, Tom Segal, Jonathan Neesom, Freemantle, Steve Mellish etc.

Not sure if the latter three are on RUK a lot these days, but they have a savage amount of knowledge between them.

Kennedy was sacked from ITV and Matchbook for his Twitter bullshit. He's an absolute pleb.

I'd say he'd rather an hour with the formbook than a hooker. I wonder does he pay any attention to UK racing and might RUK use him for some meetings across the sea.

They should and I think he is signed up.

GOB used to post on here as did Rory

I think they are 2 of the best out there.

Kevin Blake is pretty good in fairness to him. Plus he is fairly sound at the track.

Donn Mcclean gets plenty of exposure over here too

Last edited:
Did see he was gone but didn't know why. Did he do anything in particular?

A horse racing Twitter troll called him the Alan Partridge of Twitter. He lost his mind and tweeted a series of tweets of how he knew someone "high up" in Twitter that would doxx him. Matchbook had numerous people contact them to close their accounts.

Back