Nicky Henderson Found Guilty

Great minds think alike

I'm not looking at it from the point of view of whether he's a decent person or not; I don't know him. I'm just asking why he would put his entire career at risk for a moderate mare? It doesn't add up; the guy's got more than three braincells to rub together after all. Which is why I'm of the opinion that there is more to this story that has so far been reported and why I'm not jumping to conclusions and casting aspersions.
I was thinking the very same thing myself, "Shads"

he has broken the rules and regardless of who gave it the buck stops with him he is responsible and he should be punished regardless of who he is or who owns the mare

I'm not looking at it from the point of view of whether he's a decent person or not; I don't know him. I'm just asking why he would put his entire career at risk for a moderate mare? It doesn't add up; the guy's got more than three braincells to rub together after all. Which is why I'm of the opinion that there is more to this story that has so far been reported and why I'm not jumping to conclusions and casting aspersions.

There always is more to the story but if given that all at once there is nothing for next weeks chip paper. Media making the most maybe. Its a racing promotion a bit of skullduggery involving Her Majesty and tourism is up this summer:D

Given the sentencing in the Lynch/Williams/Burke case Henderson could find himself on the wrong end of a half-crown fine.
Icon_eek.gif

B@STARDS

The double standards here are pretty funny.

When its Tony Martin, its awful, scandalous and the ban him for life brigade are out in force.

Now sure with Henderson, it must have been a mistake, a mix-up, couldn't have happened.

Just caught a part of The Sunday Forum today and the panel, Luke Harvey, Claude Duval and Alan Lee, were discussing this. Alan Lee thought that Nicky might get a token ban and a hefty fine, 'The Punter's Pal though that it would be disgraceful if he got a ban and I don't know (or care) what Lou thought.

double standards are everywhere, racing is no different

I remember similar threads about Fallon..by about this point on those threads it was about 98% to hang draw and quarter him..before any court case..because he was generally disliked

If this were Curley..responses would have been so different..because he is generally disliked

its just life...we are getting it now with Jacko who would have been sharing a cell with Glitter had he been English and unable to buy his freedom...but even under those circumstances people would now still be making excuses for him..because they like him.

People like some people more than others..and will go to any degree to defend to the hilt their favourites..but will also go to the other extreme to hang the ones they don't like.

very few people are impartial.

best not try and query it really..its just plain old fashioned favouritism

Last edited:
Looks a decent bloke Henderson, surprised he'd get caught up in these sicks tactics.

Henderson to have personal hearing at BHA

By Andrew Scutts12.04PM 30 JUN 2009
NICKY HENDERSON will have a personal hearing with the BHA on Thursday over the Moonlit Path case.
876-n-j-henderson.jpg
Nicky Henderson: breached rules
PICTURE: Edward Whitaker/racingpostpix.com
The trainer was last week found guilty of administering the prohibited anti-bleeding drug tranexamic acid to the Queen's mare, before a race at Huntingdon in February.
The BHA panel took further time to consider a suitable punishment under Rule 200 and Henderson faces the possibility of either a heavy fine or, at worst, the loss of his licence.
Henderson has been seeking legal advice over the last few days and had the right to request the oral hearing. This will be at 4pm on Thursday.

No point letting one off because he's a lovely fellow and has some nice horses, never landed a touch etc. ban all drug cheats for life.

If I was Henderson's brief, I would submit that Her Maj instructed him to apply the banned substance, on pain of spending a couple of years languishing in the Tower. No-one at the BHA would think of convicting him.

More seriously, Nicky Henderson has long been my favourite trainer, and it's very disappointing that he's been caught with his hands in the till. It's just such a rookie error.

The punishment should fit the crime, but at the same time, I would be gutted if he had his licence revoked. It would be a real shame to see a great career ended in such drab and seedy circumstances.

No, but I don't think Grassy's suggesting otherwise. His feeling sounds very much like mine, which is one of disappontment.

The question posed by others here is rational, though. Why would a guy like him take such a risk with a moderate mare in a small race? It's not just his own livelihood at stake, more like a whole business with perhaps a hundred staff involved plus a string of loyal owners, Fidae Defendor included. Why would he, of all people, with reputation (and money) made, put it on the line like that, and with one of FD's horses to boot?

Put it this way, if even a trainer of long standing with a secure position in the ranks is at it then it starts to seem possible that they all are. Maybe they have to in order to remain competitive? Say it ain't so.

More seriously, Nicky Henderson has long been my favourite trainer, and it's very disappointing that he's been caught with his hands in the till. It's just such a rookie error.

Surely you should be more dissapointed that he had his hand in the till in the first place?

I've always been a big fan of his in the past, but this is massively dissapointing.

Back